Your most hated science.

zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By zagzagovich

We all have had the class that we couldn't stand. Be it math, physics or chemistry. For example I never liked chemistry. I found it boring and even though I appreciate what it gives us I really don't find chemistry problems interesting in the least.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Any subject I almost failed at.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

Anything with numbers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

@ZagZagovich said:
" We all have had the class that we couldn't stand. Be it math, physics or chemistry. For example I never liked chemistry. I found it boring and even though I appreciate what it gives us I really don't find chemistry problems interesting in the least. "
I didn't realise Maths was classed as a science but w/e. It's got to be biology for me. 
CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By CaptainObvious

Anything with math. I hate math.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

All science was unbearable for me.
Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Blackout62

Earth Science, shame really cause I'm great at chem.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By meteora

Math and Biology.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By WalkerTR77

Sociology, its a completely useless fucking soft science. The class spent most of its time doing mindaps and it was generally a total waste of time.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By animateria

Super Science.

One damn accident, and every damn Super Scientist goes all crazy villian on our asses!

Super Science is never worth the trouble!

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By Termite

I haven't really encountered any science related classes that I dislike so far. The only class that ever really got on my nerves was a drawing class...man, I hated that. So boring and easy.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hot_Karl

I never, ever, ever, ever, ever understood Chemistry. I have no idea how I got a B+ in that class. I hated the labs, I hated the homework, I hated the reading, I hated the memorization- I hated & barely understood most everything we learned, yet I passed with a better-than-average grade. Go figure.  I wish I can do that now in college, since I'm basically flunking out every other quarter.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Broshmosh

In Scotland you don't study all sciences equally. When you finish your early secondary education (7th/8th grade), you are asked to choose which subjects you study for your Standard Grades (9th/10th grade) as you will have spent two years learning the absolute basics from all three. Maths was compulsory, and they put me in the upper tier (which I bombed). In the sciences column I had to choose between Chemistry, Physics, Biology or Physical Education (the academic/scientific side of P.E as there was still one mandatory P.E session everyone had to do).

So I guess my most hated sciences are the ones I didn't choose - Physics, Biology and P.E. That said, I didn't exactly enjoy Chemistry either.

But these days I have an active interest in all forms of science.

It's hard to be interested in topics when you're at school, bombarded with information from every class but also dealing with the sort of shit you can expect from a building full of young people.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

The Sweet Science. Watching sweaty people apply brain damage onto each other never held much fascination with me.

bondfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

AP Biology was the worst, really anything with memorization, at least chem and physics had math so the equations are easier to remember than what a cell membrane is literally made of down to the protein, when am I ever going to use that information

pudking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pseudoscience

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By monkeyking1969

I got a "F" is college chemistry at a science heavy school.

I just remembered this, which was worse than getting the F. I took Human Biology at my science heavy school, teh professor was an 80 year old pervert. He brought in a "c-ring" while we were doing the genital anatomy section. He did it to either intimidate or just annoy the women in the class. My guess is he'd been pulling that stunt since 1962, and thought showing it to college students was 'shocking' or made him 'hip', but itn 1989 with this crusty old pervert, it was just an 'eww' moment.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

physics seems like total malarkey, if you ask me.

quantum? yeah ok- smoke another one professor!

(real talk i hated chemistry in school)

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Apart from DNA and viruses, I never cared for biology all that much. It didn't help that the teacher had given up and was sitting out his final years till retirement and no one in the class was particularly into it.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Went back to college in my mid 30s and chemistry was just as rough as I remembered it. Can never remember what all the sub- and superscripts mean in different situations. A plus or minus symbol will mean one thing in one place but something else in another situation and can never care enough to keep them straight. Took every second of the allotted test time to logically reason through every letter and number without intuitively understanding them going in. Still did decently given all the cheating mechanics that seemed to have sneaked into college since my last time around.

Nuttism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a big fan of biology/chemistry/physics, even geology (at least the part that isn't memorizing all the rock names) which is to be expected as I'm studying biochemistry/molecular biology. I also liked mathematics till it got into the really heavy stuff (there is a pretty sharp divide when you get there).

I would say that even though I enjoy simple programming, computer science is something I never felt a strong connection with. Even though it's supposed to have strong and clear rules, I never got the hang of when you can use an integer vs floating point value or what values you can add to lists, tuples or dictionaries which makes it really frustrating for me. "just googling it" isn't as satisfying as understanding the underlying mechanism and there's a lot of terms and insider speak which keep explanations unhelpful. I know a lot of people who are really into it though, especially in the gaming sphere.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Biology was something I had a hard time wrapping my head around.

Avatar image for ithas2besaidkvo
ItHas2BeSaidKVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pudking: Dammit, you stole my joke that I only came into this thread to make.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Geology.

I happen to find the end product of that knowledge super fascinating. But the road to getting there is... unbearable.

Thankfully I work with a lot of geologists who can answer my curiosities without me having to spend 5 years doing hardness tests on boring rocks.

tfuhrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone with a B.S. in Biochemistry, a Masters in Biochemistry and a PhD in Plant Physiology, Fuck geology.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Social science. Apparently that's one.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None, really. If I had to choose one I'd say chemistry since you have to write all those damn lab reports.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I was unaware that chemistry attracted so much dislike.

JillOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow! The topic, which began 11 years ago, has suddenly come to life. I wonder how you found it.

P.S. I also don't like chemistry

RobertForster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Math is not a science. I should know. I do math.

peffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did well in chemistry/physics/biology in high school. Biology might have been my lowest grade, though I found it the most interesting.

In university, I didn't take any science classes. But if you want to count math, yeah, fuck math. I have a Bachelor's degree in math, btw.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By Ben_H

It was biology for me, though I never took chemistry. I always liked math and physics way more since it was mostly learning general concepts then applying them. Biology, at least high school biology when I took it, was almost purely memorization, which is something my brain is not good at (it's the same reason why I did quite poorly at a lot of entry level university courses with bubble sheet tests then had way better marks in upper years. The less memorization I had to do, the better). I'm sure that biology at higher levels of education gets way more interesting but the way it was taught to me in high school made me hate it.

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TurtleFish

I avoided Biology. We did an Intro to Biology unit in Grade 10, and I discovered I couldn't stand the smell of formaldehyde, and I couldn't handle dissecting things.

Of the other physical sciences, Chemistry was probably my favourite because I'm old enough that they still let us play around with bunsen burners and things that burned really well. :)

Akheera_baloxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Akheera_baloxh

Anyone with Statistic I hate that Subject I got 3 times repeat in that subject......

DPEP56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thermodynamics. It just feels unintuitive and weird once you start dealing with entropy.

Sargon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sargon

Physics (combined with a minor addiction to Ultima Online) was almost my undoing in college. The final physics course in my required series was Quantum Physics, which was completely beyond my comprehension. It was over 20 years ago, but I can still vividly remember sitting in my apartment refreshing the web browser, waiting for the final grades to be posted, and being so relieved when I saw that D-. I very easily could have failed, and probably should have, but thankfully the professor let me slide by. That was my one and only D in my entire academic career, and it certainly did some damage to my GPA, but I was happy just to be done with it.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Whitestripes09

I would say chemistry, but that is mostly because I have such a hard time grasping it conceptually. Physics are forces we see and feel every day, so the math that goes along with it should make sense until you get to the quantum or theoretical level, which most high schools don't. Biology is complex, but in the chaotic soup of it there are certain basic principles like cell reproduction that make sense. Chemistry though? Especially once you get into molecules and atoms my head is spinning because I can't fathom that there's something that small making up the whole universe. It's incredibly interesting stuff, but even with basics I really need someone to slow down to explain everything to me.

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Never tried it, but chemistry scared the shit out of me from a distance.

GuitarGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GuitarGod

Chemistry is hard. I don't like the the chemical equations and formulas.

Doing math and looking at numbers in general is not fun for me.

I like the conceptual side of chemistry, physics, biology, even geology. But once you start shoving line graphs and data charts and statistics in my face I get so bored. I remember getting the highest grade on the light theory and sound theory exams in honors physics class, but I wasn't a great student overall because of the math stuff.

taosd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

the ones that's she blinded me with

Arain_badami98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Arain_badami98

I've rambled on before, I liked marine bio and I did it as a undergrad then I chose marine sciences as a masters. I started to lose interest from term 1 and eventually in March.I officially lost interest. Now I hate it and I'm trying to swap to AI at the same university.

thuhang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything with chemistry. I hate it