Your most favorite cartoon show of all time?

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Hello

My favorite cartoon of all time is Transformers Generation 1.

Sargon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sargon

My favorites are all over the board and I don't even know how to pick a favorite.

In no particular order:

The Simpsons
King of the Hill
Captain N The Game Master
Gummi Bears
G.I. Joe
The Smurfs
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Voltron
Wacky Races

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Futurama. It's my favorite show regardless of type.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simpsons seasons 1-9 and particularly 3-8

Bojack

Invader Zim

Futurama

A:TLA and Korra (to a lesser degree)

some horrible pervert anime tripe like GitS, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion

Batman:TAS is probably deservedly up there but I may have to revisit

I don't have much nostalgia for all the kids cartoons, doesn't help that I can barely recall their plots. Animaniacs maybe should be another and I like it well enough, but the reboot sorta fell flat with me.

Should also watch more Adventure Time, finally sit down wirh Steven Universe, and maybe even Amazing World of Gumball as that was pretty hilarious and charming from what I saw.

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@myniceicelife said:

Futurama. It's my favorite show regardless of type.

I concur

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, a topic to draw me out of inactivity. Tough call, really - I watch more cartoons than I probably should. Any of these could be my fave:

Samurai Jack

Adventure Time

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Early Simpsons

Futurama

Bojack Horseman

FLCL

Cowboy Bebop

I've also been watching this older show called Revolutionary Girl Utena (about halfway through). Not sure if it's GOAT material yet but it's pretty solid and seems to keep getting better.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Topcyclist

Id say if were including all animation regardless,

Hunter x Hunter - just deconstruction after deconstruction of plots and a writer who didn't give a crap about following trends at a time when that's what ya do. The Wonder woman 1984 movie tried to do the wish plot and failed while this genius did it and had me on the edge of my seat. Add to that villains are excited about being villains and seem more like family. The main villain isn't defeated by the main characters, the villain is more humane than the main character, etc. Just phenomenal.

Hey Arnold - time capsule of my life, kids hanging out with multiple ethnicities with each character having characteristics for a show of their own. Everyone has a family, a house, ideals, etc. Side mention to Recess thou it's not as perfect as Hey Arnold, the stickers episode is a great show of capitalism.

DBZ got me into stuff the same way giant bomb got into it.

Futurama has great season enders thou, not every episode is funny or clever as people make you believe

Batman/justice league/ the dc stuff just great writing and plots.

AVATAR/Korra just great mature stuff that knows it doesn't have to be dark a brooding. Adults are still kids at heart.

Sonic boom or whatever had clever writing for what seemed like a cash grab,

Use to like Doug but went back and saw its kinda corny, same with ninja turtles, the mask, Animaniacs, Beetlejuice looney tunes are ok, etc. Loved a lot as a kid.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

The Simpsons

Gyratyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Use to like Doug but went back and saw its kinda corny, same with ninja turtles, the mask, Animaniacs, Beetlejuice looney tunes are ok, etc. Loved a lot as a kid.

This is why I don't go back and watch stuff. Went back to Transformers G1 and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers as an adult and immediately realized my mistake. My childhood memories betrayed me big time.

beyblades99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clifford the big red dog

Leopold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently finished Code Geass on Netflix and I loved it so much that I watched it all over again from the beginning immediately after finishing. I truly can’t remember the last time I did that.

And the plot barely holds up to serious scrutiny!

SirPringles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to split this question in two, and address cartoons for kids and cartoons for adults.

As far as kid's shows go, I'm a sucker for nostalgia. The original run of Pokémon will always hold a special place in my heart, as well anything that was on Cartoon Network when I was a kid. Choosing one, it's probably Johnny Bravo. Couldn't get enough of it.

For adults, the obvious ones are up there (Simpsons, Bojack Horseman, Rick and Morty, and so on). My favourite at the moment is probably King of the Hill, though! Such a relaxing, as well as hilarious, slice of life. Its relatively slow pace and depictions of humanity and compassion are amazing in these times.