What is your immediate response to a crumb accident?

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What is your immediate response to a crumb accident? (71 votes)

ALARM! You instantly brush the crumbs off onto the floor as if they were a deadly creature, the vacuum cleaner will take care of them some day 25%
Wasting no time you carefully remove the crumbs and put them in a bin, the carpet goes hungry 17%
You realised long ago that crumbs are not a deadly creature, the crumbs can stay with you for now, what adventures will you share together? 11%
Value for money is important to you, you eat the crumbs, after all they were a biscuit 2 seconds ago 35%
What crumbs? Haha, crumbs!? (if it's not there it doesn't exist, your mental mastery is impressive) 4%
Other, if you've found something amazing to do with crumbs do tell 4%

You're getting quite intimate with a biscuit when mid-crunch you feel some crumbs tumble down and settle on your shirt, what do you do?

For this experiment we're not taking chocolate into account, since you don't want chocolate to melt on you so it's always best to act fast.

• 
ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't be too picky with how money is like these days: crumbs go into mouth.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By tartyron

Immediate panic! As if I spilt indelible ink all over a white shirt! I will attempt to catch the crumbs mid-drop if I can, often resulting in whacking myself in the balls.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I finish eating so I don’t have to clean a second time. Then I carefully walk over to the trash can and wipe the crumbs into it. Is it the best plan? No, but it’s mine.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cikame

I'm in the panic and brush everything onto the floor camp, i don't know why, i thought about this years ago and wondered why i have such an aversion to just leaving crumbs on my shirt, they HAVE to come off.

Gyratyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If crumbs fall on my shirt, pants, or a not-so dirty surface on my desk, it goes into my yawning maw next. If they land upon the floor, a pile of hair, or my unmentionables, they will be swept up and deposited into the wastebasket.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell, depending on the surface, I might eat a crumb after it's fallen completely on the floor. 5 second rule!

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I have a dog. Crumbs that fall below my chin don’t stand a chance, wherever they land.

paulwgraham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this question is incredible dependent on context.

Am I eating with other people? Then I will daintily pick the crumbs off of myself using my thumb and ring finger, brush them into a pile on the table, and then collect them in a napkin.

Am I eating by myself? If so, am I wearing a shirt? Either way the scene will resemble a wildebeest eating a full loaf of bread's worth of toast.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Undeadpool

Other! I have a pair of living Roombas known as "dogs" who are there before I can even think of what else to do with them.

If they're on a surface, off they go for the pups!

Unless they cross the line from "crumb" to "chunk" at what point: what's a little dirt and dust between eater and eatee?

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

@cikame said:

I'm in the panic and brush everything onto the floor camp, i don't know why, i thought about this years ago and wondered why i have such an aversion to just leaving crumbs on my shirt, they HAVE to come off.

I feel like "crumbs on a shirt" has long been cultural shorthand for someone who very clearly doesn't have their shit together.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best thread this week tbh

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Crumbs? Eh, whatever.

Sauces, especially when wearing a brightly colored shirt? Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit! Oh shit! OH SHIT!

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ghost_cat
Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Shindig

I dropped a whole battered cod on the floor the other day. You'd better believe I picked that mess back up and ate it. No adverse effects.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: What if it had only been a crumb of batter?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then it's dead to me.

lpkeane88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was just sat browsing this thread whilst eating some cake my girlfriend brought back from Lithuania. I need add im in the UK and it is the hottest day ever recorded here so im shirtless. I also need to add that i am a very hairy guy. The cake crumbs have lodged in my chest hair and a quite sizable chunk took some real digging out. I held this crumb aloft and thought “what sort of a man am i?” And it turns out im the man who puts its straight in his mouth.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By monkeyking1969

I brush them down to my hands and toss the away, but any crumbs that fall on teh carpet are fine, but robot vacuum cleans the carpet 6 days a week.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lpkeane88: My friend had a similar experience but with his large beard.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't believe in crumb accidents, it's just crumbs for now and crumbs for later.