What do you find most attractive in a partner?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey dudes!

It's coming up on 3am, and I've done my meditation before bed. It's left me looking back on older times when I in was in a relationship, and made me realise, shit man, I miss it! I'm ready to put myself back on the market, but I've had to think long and hard about what I look for in a partner. I realized there's a few things that I guess I place above all else.

I mean, I guess at the front, it has to be a woman. I like a woman with nice hair. Like I think physically, it's hair above all else? You know if someone has nice hair, they probably look after themselves!

I think the biggest thing though, and I'm expecting a lot of people to say this: Creative passion.

I don't care what someone is passionate about, as long as they have that drive to better themselves, and for me, it's some sort of creative art that I find myself most attracted to. I don't care if it's drawing, painting, music, writing- any of it.

I think passion is the most attractive thing about most people. I find myself drawn to people who wanna better themselves, and the world around them. I think that's why I've been a teacher for ten years: So I can make the absolute best little people the world can have, so we can have a brighter tomorrow!

What about you guys? What do you look for in a partner, or if you're with your current partner, what brought you close to them?

Rasrimra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Rasrimra

Empathy and understanding.

But a passion and a drive are definitely a positive.

A sense of humor, the ability to joke about themselves. That's pretty high on my list too.

Bad hygiene can be something that repels me. So good hygiene is important but I don't know that it's something that makes someone really attractive.

So I'm not really going to find someone XD Also I would have some work cut out for me to make myself attractive too. Let's face it, most people are tough to live with. And we're probably not exceptions. I lack a lot of skills that people would expect from a partner.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Just someone who doesn't piss me off.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cikame

I don't know.

I can state all of the amazing and unreasonable things, but in reality it's probably as boring as "someone who i get on with".
Edit: Or someone who likes nu metal, that girl is probably a keeper.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A good sense of humour/not too serious, independent and comfortable with themselves. Low maintenance I guess, I just don't have the patience or inclination to prop someone up full time. Nothing's more attractive to me than confidence and making me laugh, the rest is just gravy.

16_philo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GB premium subscriber is a big plus

hnke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Large buttocks

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone young money trust...last time he didnt...well...that or someone who doesnt have a list of likes and dislikes to categorize people after dating a few people and believing their ideal person is one set among the 1 thousand of eligible potential suitors on the planet. (not poking at the topic or other posters this is for my ex-friends who automatically state their entire disinterest in specific cultures of people cause they only date one exact type of person who happens to be the supermodel of their ethnicity and cultural identity. ) :(

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 1

Someone who is extrovert or outgoing. I'm an introvert guy. I'm not shy by any means, I'm too damaged by life to feel embarrassed by anything I do or say, I'm just not very talkative. I like being around people who are positive and extrovert though, I like that balance.

I've stopped looking though, I don't think at all about that side of life anymore. A long as I have my computer games, my guitars, my art, and some good beer/whisky/rum/bourbon, I'm happy with life. Don't really need much else.

jppt1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being kind, nice, treating others the way you would like to be treated, respect, and just that is all I need. Does not drink, smoke, or do drugs.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Curiosity

I love a girl who can break into a cube to reveal life's mysteries.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I used to date people for bad reasons--the feeling that it's bad to be single, loneliness, etc. As someone similarly thinking about dating again and reflecting on what I'm actually looking for:

- Creative drive, someone that might cook a new thing without a recipe or improv with an instrument. Actually being good at stuff isn't remotely as important wanting to try.

- First instinct isn't to judge. I dated someone that, even if they weren't mean to me, would often criticize friends and family behind their backs. It was...uncomfortable. If you're not gonna give people the benefit of the doubt, it's eventually gonna become a problem.

Avatar image for themaniacsgnome
TheManiacsGnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone who lets me play my video games when her boyfriend comes over and doesn't force me to watch.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I like honesty, I don't mean "tell me where you were" kind of honestly. Good people are honest in their dealings with other people. When you walk out of the store and you see the cashier screwed up and gave you too much change. So my partner return that extra change, so their draw won't be off - that sort of honesty.

I like a sense of humor. I like people who are intelligent enough to get a joke. But, I also like someone who when they don't get a jokes says, "I don't get" it but still laughs because they know not getting a joke doesn't mean they are stupid.

I like lots of frizzy hair and I like bushy eyebrows - it is SO sexy to me. Moreover, give me black hair and green eyes, over Blonds with blue eyes any day. I love tattoos. I admire any women with whole sleeves and their back and chest done. I love piercing anywhere on the body in the same way. But here's the thing I also love women who don't have and inch of ink and don't eve have their ears pierced.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ghost_cat

I prefer someone who's both funny and scary at the same time.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#16 sweep  Moderator

Huuuuuuge tracts of land.

Honestly there's very few rules which I'd apply to dating because I try to keep an open mind wherever possible, but there's one scene from Porco Rosso that has grown on me over the years, where Grandpa Piccolo is talking to Porco about his 17 year old granddaughter Fio, and Piccolo says "You like Fio? Don't touch her" and Porco replies "Don't worry, just looking at her makes me tired."

That fucking resonates.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweep said:

Huuuuuuge tracts of land.

Honestly there's very few rules which I'd apply to dating because I try to keep an open mind wherever possible, but there's one scene from Porco Rosso that has grown on me over the years, where Grandpa Piccolo is talking to Porco about his 17 year old granddaughter Fio, and Piccolo says "You like Fio? Don't touch her" and Porco replies "Don't worry, just looking at her makes me tired."

That fucking resonates.

Mood

thefizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kindness, empathy. Women are more inclined to this type of behavior. Not that everbody can't or shouldn't be kind. I think kindness is really attractive. Probably something from the base instincts of human evolution.

Cory7911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most attractive thing is when someone male or female gives you the ability to smile when you think of them.