Small Life Update...Words, Writing, Websites & Work.

pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

Edited By pauljeremiah
No Caption Provided

I started writing again...

For the first time in years, I feel that writing itch and now love the feel of stretching it. I've written a few video game reviews here, most of them are reviews that I started a few years ago and for one reason or another didn't finish, most of them just stopped after the first or second draft.

I've decided to somewhat retire from filmmaking (or at least semi-retire) and focus more on writing. I don't have any real ambitions for my writing, but I just want to write at the moment purely for the joy of actually writing.

So I do hope to blog more here about general things going on in my life. I also will be posting my video game reviews here.

I also like to write about movies and I will be posting my film reviews over on Letterboxd; for more film theory essays I will be posting here about that (feel free to subscribe too).

It feels good to be doing this again. I haven't felt like this since I was posting on 1UP.com, so nearly a fifteen-year hiatus.

pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@robtorn: I studied English at university (Roar, Lion, Roar!) so writing has always been a hobby of mine, ever since I was a teenager. It's just nice at the moment to write about games purely for the fun of writing about games. I'm not trying to turn this into a job or anything though it's something I would have loved to back when I was writing during the 1UP days. The whole video game media landscape has shifted since then, from reading articles (either printed magazines or websites) to video-based content (Youtube, Twitch, etc). Look at Giantbomb, we used to have news articles and reviews, but now it's mostly video based. It is a little sad to me, but I'm happy to be sitting over in the corner sitting writing my game reviews and random blogs. I have thought about doing more news-based forum threads, but I don't think the interest is really there anymore. People who used to use message boards have all migrated to Discord servers.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By Willy105
pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers