GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Dear motorsport fans

This is a piece of sad and shocking news about this rally & gymkhana driver who got killed in a snowmobile crash, which happened nearly a decade after Allan Simonsen (Le Mans and V8 Supercars racer) got killed in a car crash during 24 Hours of Le Mans 2013 race event while he was racing for Team Aston Martin Racing's Vantage GTE in GTE Am class, Paul Walker (Fast & Furious star) was killed in a car crash while riding in Roger Rodas' Porsche Carrera GT during a charity event and Michael Schumacher (Formula 1 racer) had a skiing accident (Still in a coma).

Also, about 7 years and 6 months after Jules Bianchi (Formula 1 racer) died in a coma about 9 months after his car crash during F1 Japan Grand Prix 2014, 3 years and 10 months after Niki Lauda (Retired Formula 1 racer) passed away from his sleep and almost 3 years after John Andretti (Retired NASCAR racer) passed away from cancer.

He is one of my biggest idols of all time along with other deceased legendary motorsport racers that I really missed following are:

• Ayrton Senna (Formula 1 racer)
  • James Hunt (Formula 1 racer)
  • Niki Lauda (Formula 1 racer)
  • Colin McRae (WRC driver)
  • Richard Burns (WRC driver)
  • Peter Brock (Australian Touring Car Championship/V8 Supercars racer)
  • Dan Wheldon (IndyCar racer)
  • Dale Earnhardt (NASCAR racer)

So here are the news articles that I've found:

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ok we need to put 2023 on hold already, it's insane how many highly public accidents and deaths have happened already.

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's awful, he was really talented.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GTxForza
@cikame said:

Ok we need to put 2023 on hold already, it's insane how many highly public accidents and deaths have happened already.

Yeah, it's very unfortunate when this occurs as nobody expected it to happen.

@mekon said:

That's awful, he was really talented.

This guy also made me really love Ford Fiesta motorsport cars since 2010 plus he made me get into the Monster Energy drink brand as well, anyway, there are other motorsport contestants (Still living) being sponsored by Monster Energy that I really like are:

• Lewis Hamilton (Formula 1 racer)
  • George Russell (Formula 1 racer)
  • Cameron Waters (V8 Supercars/Supercars Championship racer)
  • Valentino Rossi (GT World Challenge Europe racer and former MotoGP racer)
  • Daigo Saito (D1 Grand Prix drifter)
  • Vaughn Gittin Jr (Formula Drift contestant)
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5 chaser324  Moderator

Damn. He's been by far one of the highest profile drift/rally drivers in the past decade or more. Massive loss.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GTxForza
@chaser324 said:

Damn. He's been by far one of the highest profile drift/rally drivers in the past decade or more. Massive loss.

I agree and I hope Lia Block (His daughter) will have a good future since she is currently a motorsports contestant. She may be able to become a rally/race car mechanic/tuner after one of the mechanics taught her, which can be seen in this video.

Loading Video...

Edit: I always prefer rally cars and circuit spec race cars to any tuned-up street cars.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

RIP.

I don’t follow motorsport that closely, but I’m pretty sure I’ve heard Block’s voice as one of the drivers that chirps at you over the radio in Dirt 2. That game is pretty much the reason I know his name.

It’s sad to think such a talented guy died in such a tragic accident.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GTxForza

@bisonhero: I remembered he said "I'm Ken Block and this is Colin McRae: DiRT 2" on the start screen as well.

Also, this game made me get to know other real drivers including Mohammed Ben Sulayem (Current FIA Present).

Avatar image for spacemanspiff00
spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spacemanspiff00

Dang this one stings. Been following him for like 15 years at this point. I'm not a big car nut or anything but I'd always be curious what Ken was doing. Some friends and I actually lived in Wanaka NZ in 2008, and snowboarded a bunch at Snow Park(closed in 2013, sadly) a year after Ken filmed the snow jumps there. Snow Park itself was pretty rad but it was extra cool when your looking at pics in a magazine and its Ken at the spot you're currently at.

Ken was fearless and determined. A true legend, indeed.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

Really sad news. I'll always have super fond memories of watching that dude just absolutely whip the shit out of some stunt courses, felt like he could make cars move in ways few are able to. RIP.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here are the tribute videos of him that I found on YouTube and going to share in this thread.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...