God Fucking Damnit Nintendo

nintendmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By nintendmoe

How do you keep doing stuff like this and make me feel like I NEED TO FUCKING BUY IT DAY 1.

nintendmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By nintendmoe

How do you keep doing stuff like this and make me feel like I NEED TO FUCKING BUY IT DAY 1.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2D Metroid is where it's at really.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BlackWaterCO

GameCube game's in 2009 YAY!

So happy I own real game consoles (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3)

RLLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RLLink
@TripMasterMunky:

True, but Metroid Prime is pretty good as well. I wasn't really inspired to buy Part 3, but this is really catching my eye. I may pick it up day one(If I'm not too lazy to reserve).
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By jNerd

Because Nintendo is the master of the remake. They don't need new ideas or good games as long as the old shit keeps selling.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RetroIce4

Nintendo is losing hope. For real. We need new games that don't suck. I haven't touched my Wii.

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShadowKiller

I must say for 50 or 60 dollars this is a steal for the trilogy considering I payed $70 for just prime 3.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By AgentJ

I'll definately be buying this, but Nintendo had better show us a lot of awesome stuff at E3. Now that punch out is out, the only game from Nintendo that I want is Sin and Punishment 2. 

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By Suicrat
RetroIce4 said:
Nintendo is losing hope. For real. We need new games that don't suck. I haven't touched my Wii.
Well God certainly will be happy.

Anyways, Metroid Prime 2 is the best thing about this package, but I still have its prequel and Prime 3. Nintendo needs to make an epic 2D Metroid.

I think some of you will agree that a 500 missile, 26 energy tank, 8 weapon (with weapon fusion a la Super Metroid as well), 2-3 BIG planet (unlike Prime 3) 8-16 boss Metroid game with an open world concept, and loose level design to allow for sequence breaking would be worth 50 dollars. Also, built-in ability to upload videos to a website like this one.

And yes, I realize that metroid2002.com is neither owned nor published nor sanctioned by Nintendo, but that doesn't mean it isn't the best Metroid-related thing on the web. Aside from Metroid Metal, that is.
ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ZeroCast

Not even on my must buy list.

fr0sterson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By fr0sterson

Looks like Nintendo's taking a leaf out of Valve's book and trying to recreate the success of The Orange Box. Be interesting to see how popular this is. I know I'll be buying it.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Ineedaname

Why did I jump on that nintendo band wagon? It had so much potential for shooters but failed =(

Got my head together picked up a Ps3 360 then done up the PC though XD.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gruff182

Whats ironic is the fact that these Gamecube games are better than 98% of the Wii's current line up.

RIP Nintendo.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Have they really just completely run out of ideas now? 

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Al3xand3r

Yes Sath, any company that does rereleases has run out of ideas. It's not like we got 2 NIntendo published Wii games that score highly in the last 2 months. Metroid Prime Trilogy? ZOMG NITNENDO IS TEH FAIL! And all other first parties too since they all do re-releases in some forms.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By Suicrat

You know what this is, people? Maximizing revenue and cutting costs. Fanboys on forums will lament the 'death' of Nintendo, this is more like the bankrolling of Nintendo. This is why Pokemon Platinum exists, this is why New Play Control exists, this is how a smart CEO navigates his company in a recession (or in Nintendo's country of origin's case, a depression). Talk shit all you want about this package, and Nintendo. In the end the margin on this product will be through the roof EVEN WHILE the consumer perceives it as an extreme value. The consumer being, in this case, people who are nostalgic for these games, or people who never got to try them in the first place. Nintendo is among the strongest corporations in a faltering Japanese economy. They will fund future projects, issue dividends, and their share price will survive the beating the rest of the Nikkei is taking.

Also, it sounds like some of you people have never played the middle child. Do so! It is awesome! (Though play it with a GameCube controller if you can. It controls like a dream.)

DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DECA555

i for one am excited for this despite owning all three metroid prime titles. 

Corruption was the best thing that happened to the wii. It is perfectly built for a game like metroid and i would love to have an excuse to play these again. 
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
Al3xand3r said:
Yes Sath, any company that does rereleases has run out of ideas. It's not like we got 2 NIntendo published ... [more]
Dude what the hell. I was just expressing my disappointment that Nintendo has yet to show off something new. I've been waiting for a while and I'm getting desperate. Also, when I say new, I mean like a new interesting franchise or character or something. 
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Al3xand3r

Dude, what the hell. If THAT'S what you meant then THAT'S what you should have said. But make a new thread as it's completely off topic here anyway since re-releases of games hardly take any resources, or take from the creation of new IP. That's their whole point... Gain without pain.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By oldschool
SathingtonWaltz said:
Have they really just completely run out of ideas now? 
SathingtonWaltz said:
Al3xand3r said: Yes Sath, any company that does rereleases has run out of ideas. It's not like we got 2 ... [more]
Those are not even remotely similar.  No wonder Alex jumped on you.  You just sounded like a hater that litters these threads.
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
oldschool said:
SathingtonWaltz said: Have they really just completely run out of ideas now?  SathingtonWaltz said: Al3xand3r said: Yes Sath, any company ... [more]
Sheesh, my bad people. I've noticed that Alex has been pretty hostile lately but he's never jumped on me before. I'm disgruntled because I've already played these games before and Nintendo won't give me something new. I pains me to see my console collect dust, while my PS3 gets all the action. 
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By oldschool
SathingtonWaltz said:
oldschool said: SathingtonWaltz said: Have they really just completely run out of ideas now?  SathingtonWaltz said: Al3xand3r said: Yes Sath, ... [more]
I don't know you Sath, but I could say the same about my 360.  I bought it 3 month ago, with 11 games.  Since then I picked up another 2 and only play Eternal Sonata.  At least it wn't RRoD on me.  I look at the releases for the 360 and am bored senseless.  However, I don't go on 360 threads and shout it at everyone.

I don't have a PS3, but if I did, I could only name 2-3 games at best that I care about.  So if I did have a PS3, it truly would be collecting dust.  My Wii gets all the home console action, followed by the PS2.

It is al relative and frankly, I won't defend the Wii because doing so is only slightly less boring than the comments in the firat place.  However, I will comment about the boring people who troll Wii threads (not meaning you).
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By c1337us

This thread war can only come to one possible conclusion. Thumb war.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By oldschool
c1337us said:
One, two, three, four, you declared a thumb war  :-)

Careful, you will give an idea to South Peak or Ubisoft and they will come out with Wii Thumb Warz  xD  With extra waggle  :-)
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By oldschool
c1337us said:
One, two, three, four, you declared a thumb war  :-)

Careful, you will give an idea to South Peak or Ubisoft and they will come out with Wii Thumb Warz  xD  With extra waggle  :-)
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By mordukai

After playing all three of the Metroid Prime I still feel the the first one is the best in the series. I really didn't like the controllers in the third one even though they got great reviews. It seems the since Nintendo struck a cord with a wider audience they kinda left the core gamers behind.  Since Prime 3 is the last one then all they got left to even appeal to their core gamers is Mario and Zelda. Unless they got something up their sleeves at E3 other then crappy Wii sports or Wii party games I see them losing more and more of their core gamers crowd and thats sad. Remember when Nintendo hyped Wii Music so much and had Mr. Shigeru Miyamoto himself play the theme from The Legend of Zelda Overworld?  When it came out it got average to bad reviews and it tanked in sales too???? Nintendo were all amazed by it like they did not expect it, I mean COME ON!!! It's the same reaction that the media had when Anna Nicole Smith died of an over dose.

cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cc23574

Fuck Nintendo ( I said it ) for releasing gamecube games, most of the 'Hardcore' Nintendo fans already played those three games, and now you want to sell it again?
If they go all casual this year again at E3, i've lost all my hope in them.