Blurry font in comments and forums?

jbick89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

I'm not sure where else to post this. See above for an example. The fonts in forums and comment sections became blurry a week or so ago. I've checked my Chrome and Windows font settings, and I haven't been able to fix it. Giant Bomb is the only website I visit regularly where this is happening, the fonts are crisp and clear everywhere else. It's starting to drive me a little crazy, would greatly appreciate some help!

I'm using Windows 10, and Chrome Version 66.0.3359.181.

Thank you in advance

vdortizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Have you tried another browser? Maybe a Chrome update broke something

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

It could be the resolution of you monitor or the setup of the video card to render on the monitor. Check under your Windows Control Panel for "Display Settings" and check resolutions, Magnifier tool, Adjust Cleartype, and custom DPI. It could even be changing the "Windows font" will help you, to do that in Windows 10 is a bit more hidden,. but under Control Panel look for the "Fonts" choice. I hope some of this helps.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Yeah, this is definitely one of those things that happens to me every now and then, but not specific to GiantBomb. It's a windows thing that has to do something with DPI scaling or ClearType, like MonkeyKing mentions. Never really narrowed it down to what causes it but I recall always get it fixed pretty quick with some tinkering.

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It’s aprobably a Windows thing that happens occasionally. Try changing your resolution then changing it back and restart explorer or your computer. If that doesn’t work do the font dpi wizard thing.