Something went wrong. Try again later

BlackRedGaming

You can go to blackredgaming.com to find a prettier and more organized form of my blogs.

273 2 3 7
Forum Posts Wiki Points Following Followers

BlackRedGaming's 100 Blog Special

Well would you look at that, I reached 100 blogs. Hello everybody, and welcome to my 100 blog special! Just be clear, this blog right here is number 100. Anyways, this blog will hit number 100, so I decided to do something special. I didn't just want to make another blog, so I decided to compile some data about my previous 99 blogs and talk about them. Also, I am going to start a new series, so stay tuned for that at the end. But before all of that, a quick backstory.

When I started writing, I only did reviews. I started writing in September of 2016, but it wasn't until January of 2017 that I did my first blog. My first blog, titled Let's Talk About: Emotes in Post-Multiplayer Matches, discussed the trend of doing emotes after multiplayer matches, mainly citing Doom and Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 as examples of this issue. 99 blogs later, and here we are. Gradually, my focus shifted from reviews to blogs as for I can pump blogs out much faster than reviews. I still do reviews, just not as much anymore. Well, that blog was on January 21st, 2017, and 573 days later I wind up here. A lot has happened in that time frame, and a lot has been discussed, so let's get right into that.

I like to write about video games, so needless to say I talked about a lot of video games. One thing I have decided to do is go back and look at all of the games I have talked about and compile them here. When I say 'talk about a game' I mean at least a paragraph's worth of talking about it. So just mentioning it doesn't really count. Also, the number in parentheses next to the name represents how many times I have talked about a game (once per blog), this (and everything else) doesn't include my reviews, and I didn't count my four part E3 2018 series because simply put there were too many games and not enough lengthy discussions. With that out of the way, here are the games I talked about.

A

Absolver, Accounting+, Aegis Defenders, Agents of Mayhem, Apocalypse Now the game(cancelled), Ashen, Assassin's Creed 1, Assassin's Creed 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Assassin's Creed 3, Assassin's Creed Origins(2).

B

Banner Saga 3, Bayonetta 1, Bayonetta 2, Bayonetta 3, Beat Saber, The Beginner's Guide, Beyond Good and Evil 2, Biomutant, Bioshock, Budget Cuts.

C

No Caption Provided

Call of Duty World at War, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty Black Ops 3(2), Call of Duty WW2(4), Call of Duty Black Ops 4, City of Brass, Clustertrucks, Counter Strike: Global Offensive(3), The Crew 2, Cuphead(7), Cyberpunk 2077.

D

Dandara, Darwin Project, Dead Cells(2), Dead Island, Death Stranding, Deep Rock Galactic, Detroit Become Human(2), Dishonored, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider(3), Doki Doki Literature Club, Doom 2016(3), Doom Eternal, Dreams, Dying Light, Dying Light 2.

E-F

Earthfall, Echo, Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim, Everything(2), Evil Within 2, Extinction, Fade to Silence,Far Cry 1, Far Cry 2(2), Far Cry 3, Far Cry Blood Dragon, Far Cry 4, Far Cry Primal, Far Cry 5(4), Fe, FIFA 18, Fire Emblem Heroes, Fortnite Battle Royale(2), Forza Motorsport 7, For Honor, Frostpunk, Full Metal Furies, Furi.

G-I

Garage, Getting Over It With Bennett Foddy, Ghosts of Tsushima, God of War 2018(2), Golf Story(3), Grand Theft Auto 5, GTFO, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice(2), Hello neighbor, Hitman 2016, Hitman 2, Horizon Zero Dawn(2), Hunt: Showdown, Hyper Light Drifter, Injustice 2(2), Innerspace, The Inpatient(2), In the Valley of Gods.

K-M

Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Labo(2), Laser League, The Last Night, Last of Us 2, Lawbreakers(4), The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild(5), Lone Echo, Mario Kart 8, Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle(4), Mario Tennis Aces, Metal Gear Survive(2), Metroid: Samus Returns(2), Metro Exodus(3), Middle Earth: Shadow of War(3), Minit, Monster Hunter World(2), Monument Valley, Moonlighter, Muddledash.

N-Q

No Caption Provided

Need For Speed: Payback(3), Nier: Automata(2), Octopath Traveler, Onrush, Ori and Will of Wisps, Overcooked 2, Overkill's The Walking Dead, Overwatch(2), Papers Please(2), Persona 5, Phantom Doctrine, A Plague Tale:Innocence, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds(7), Pool Panic, Prey, QUBE 2.

R

Radical Heights(2), Rage 2, Raid WW2(2), Rainbow Six Siege(2), Red Faction 1, Red Faction 2, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil Revelations, Resident Evil 6(2), Resident Evil Revelations 2, Resident Evil 7(3), Rocket League.

S

Sable, Sea of Thieves(3), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Seven: Days Long Gone, Shadow of the Colossus, Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption, Skull and Bones, Slime Rancher(3), Sniper Art of Victory(2), Sniper Ghost Warrior 1, Sniper Ghost Warrior 2, Sniper Ghost Warrior 3, Snipperclips, Soul Caliber 6, Spiderman, Star Wars: Battlefront 2(3), State of Decay 2, Steamworld Dig 2, Strange Brigade(3), Superhot VR,Superhot Mind Control Delete, Super Lucky's Tale(2), Super Mario Odyssey(6).

T-Z

No Caption Provided

Tetris Effect, Tiny Metal, Tiny Rails(2), Trailblazers, Tunic, Uncharted 4, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Vacation Simulator, Vampyr(2), Warhammer: Vermintide 2, Wasted, Watch Dogs 2, A Way Out(3), We Happy Few, What Remains of Edith Finch, Witchfire, The Witness(2), Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus(7), World War Z, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Zombiu.

Most used Games: PUBG, Cuphead, and Wolfenstein 2 all at 7 each.

The past 99 blogs are at a total of 127,080 words and 548,451 letters (not counting spaces), averaging out at around 1284 words and 5540 letters per blog. That is around 2.76 times the amount of total words to the total words of Fahrenheit 451 and the total amount of letters is around .62 to the total amount of words in all of Shakespeare's work.

Over the course of this time, I have talked about the Olympics, the death of George A. Romero, and a video game getting a shot at an Oscar. I talked about the beginning of Bosskey with Lawbreakers and their end. I talked about two E3's and I even went to an expo. I've talked about video game movies and even a guide book, and much more. In my life, I graduated high school, moved across the country, and started a website for all of my writings. The past 573 days have been filled with me writing blogs and reviews, and throughout all of that time I always loved to write. Sure, there were times where the writing got hard, but I always loved to write about video games. And throughout all of that time, you guys read my writings and gave me a chance. And for that, I say thank you.

Well, that's got to do it for my 100 blog special. The new series I said I was going to start earlier is called 'The Good, The Bad, And The Free.' I am going to dive through all of the games I have gotten free over the years (or indirectly get free) and talk about them. Nothing special really, but I think I can get a lot out of it. Thank you all for reading, and here is to another 100.

Start the Conversation