Nier Replicant date announced

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By hermes

I am not sure if people are aware of this, but a remaster version of Nier Replicant (that is Nier 1 with the younger protagonist) was announced for PS4/XBox/Steam earlier this year. Now SE has made a conference during TGS announcing date and content of the special edition for that game, together with some gameplay.

The release date is April 23th, 2021 for US/Europe.

Personally, I am pretty excited about that game, as I never played Nier in their PS3 days. I would rather prefer if they ported Gestalt instead of Replicant, but it is still pretty good.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Pleasantly surprised that they really went ahead and did a full overhaul of the combat. As much as I love that first game, going back to that combat was going to be rough. Would've been a little funny to see the reactions of people who only played Automata but this is definitely for the best. Also really excited that the VAs are re-recording their lines!

What a great panel in general, great name and vibe throughout.

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By nnickers

I'm actually on the other side of the fence here: I'd rather a simple re-release without changes. As one of the four people with a copy of the original on my bookshelf, I'd been really looking forward to revisiting it on PC but seeing that they're making significant changes has dulled my excitement.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Efesell

Excited for a re recording of Laura Bailey swearing for a solid minute each time the game loads up.

Anyway Gestalt is still better because old man Nier is a way more interesting protagonist but we already got that game so it's fine.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

This looks ok but I played it on PS3 for the 1st time in June and it doesn't motivate me to play it again.