Mario Party Drinking Games?

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator

With lockdown in Australia gradually easing to the point that we're allowed vaccinated guests in our homes, combined with the timely release of Mario Party Superstars, it looks like we're going to be hosting a Mario Party Party in the immediate future. Because we're adults and we have identification to prove it, we're planning on involving alcohol in some shape or form in order to enhance the Nobody Wins-ness by allowing the sense of exasperation and regret to physically remind the participants of their poor life choices the following day.

So I guess my question here is: Are there pre-defined drinking games? The obvious one seems like "Every time you get a star you take a shot" - preferably of something thematic like Fireball whiskey. This would work because:

1. In a typically Mario Party match you're unlikely to gain an amount of stars that would result in alcohol poisoning (ie less than 15)
  2. You're punished for stealing stars from other players. Real-time karma.
  3. Gives a natural handicap to the more experienced players who might take an early lead
  4. The arbitrary nature of star rewards means everyone is likely to end up drinking something regardless of how good they are at the game

But before we lock in this transparently stupid idea, I wanted to see if there's an alternative way to do this. Thoughts?

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#2 FinalDasa  Moderator
  • Take a drink every time you trigger a board event.
  • Finish your drink if you land on Bowser
  • Take a drink if you get a hidden block
  • Give a drink to whomever you pass on the board
  • Take a drink every time you use an item
  • Take a drink to forget the pain and agony that is all Mario Party
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

• Double shot whenever someone goes from first to last place in a single turn.
Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Any time someone wants to check what turn they're on, everyone must first guess the turn number. Those whose guess was furthest away from the actual turn have to drink.

Avatar image for ithas2besaidkvo
ItHas2BeSaidKVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I would’ve thought the first reply would be something along the lines of, ‘Drink until you pass out, thereby never having to play the game in the first place’.