Konami entering the Gaming PC market

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Not just content with sitting on valuable IP for pachinko machines and awful ports, the company is now launching a line of "Arespear" gaming PCs. To quote this article:

The C300 is the entry-level model, while the C700 and the C700+ are the intermediate and high-end models, respectively. The trio features a body that measures 575.3 x 501.5 x 230mm with a honeycomb design. The C700+ is the only model out of the three that has a acrylic side panel and RGB lighting.

The Arespear C300 is equipped with an Intel Core i5-9400F processor with air cooling, 8GB of DDR4-2666 memory, a 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650. The two PCIe 3.0 x1 slots are the only empty slots left on the motherboard.

The Arespear C700 and C700+ leverage an Intel Core i7-9700 processor with watercooling, 16GB (2x8GB) of DDR4-2666 memory, a 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD, a 1TB hard drive and a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super. The available slots and ports include one PCIe 3.0 x8 slot, one PCIe 3.0 x4 slot, two PCIe 3.0 x1 slots and one M.2 2280 port.

Reportedly, "the C300 carries a price tag of 184,800 yen (~$1,760), while the C700 and C700+ go for 316,800 yen ($3,016) and 338,800 yen ($3,226), respectively." So if you want to massively overpay for a gaming PC from the people who ran Hideo Kojima out on a rail and have no idea what to do with their licenses outside of pachislot machines, Konami's got you covered.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Wait that's ludicrously overpriced for the components that are in it. Who is this for? It isn't even Metal Gear themed!

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

And somehow the $3,000 I spent for my 9900K/2080 Ti tower seems perfectly reasonable.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I seriously considered getting an Alienware this time around, really glad i didn't, these production line gaming desktops are always so questionable.

bizmarkiefader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Unfortunately, the systems lack wireless connectivity so the only way to connect to the Internet is through the standard Gigabit Ethernet port." lol

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather up the graphics card and CPU in my current box. I really don't know what their market is.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stupid expensive but not sure how that rates compared to most "gaming pc" prebuilts. I also have no idea how common those business are in japan.

And probably worth noting this is probably closer to the konami health club division than konami video games division

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are hilariously overpriced, even by overpriced prebuild prices, and they look ugly as sin to boot too. Well, I guess always remember, Fuck Konami.

bakoomerang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm having a real hard time trying to parse how "Arespear" is supposed to be pronounced. Am I missing an obvious play on words or something?

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bakoomerang: My guess is that it is pronounced like Ares (as in the Greek God of War) spear; Ares-spear

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not gonna lie, I kind of like how those ridiculous cases look but man wtf is going on with that price range? Can they fucking cave already and sell off their IP please?

Sferics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Konami one of the companies connected to the yakuza?

So a money laundering scheme then?

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was under the impression the gaming PC market barely exists in Japan.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Efesell

@sferics: I dunno this sounds like some reddit nonsense to me.

Far more simple explanation is that Konami is just Bad.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Onemanarmyy

I just don't understand why they bothered with sound cards. Like if you're a music producer, it makes sense, but for these gaming pc's isn't the motherboard providing a good enough experience? Even when i see a beastly 2000$+ build pass by, hardly anyone puts a soundcard in that thing for a better gaming experience. But yeah, that's not the main issue. These prices are a non-starter.