Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By fjordson

Also, NBA Elite 11 has been delayed.

Quote from EA Sports president, Peter Moore:

Over the past three years, EA SPORTS development teams have had a laser focus on creating titles packed with innovation and unsurpassed quality. The acclaim from fans and critics on most of our titles the past few years makes us proud and it also motivates us to keep getting better.

This year, we set extremely ambitious goals for our new franchise, NBA ELITE. We are creating a game that will introduce several breakthrough features that have been missing from the basketball genre. Unfortunately, NBA ELITE 11 is not yet ready and we have made a decision to delay next month’s launch. We are going to keep working until we’re certain we can deliver a breakthrough basketball experience.

In the meantime, the NBA season is just around the corner and we have a plan to keep our consumers close to the action:

-NBA JAM will launch on the Wii, as scheduled, on October 5. NBA JAM won recognition this summer as the best sports game at E3 and it’s a blast to play. In addition to the Wii version, we’re going to ship NBA JAM as a standalone product on the Xbox360 and PS3 in time for the holidays. Watch for more news soon on the exact timing of that release.

-For NBA LIVE 10 players, we will continue to offer free content and services throughout the 2010-11 season. We will start with a new roster update so you get all the players for the new season, free of charge. We will also provide free Dynamic DNA updates, daily, for the entire season. That’s a full season of basketball with new rosters and updates, free.

The decision to delay NBA ELITE was hard because the game has great promise. But ultimately we feel this is the right thing to do. We’ve been making steady progress on basketball for the past few years and it’s going to take extra time to make the game.

Why make this decision now? As with all of our titles, we continue to evaluate and improve the code right up until launch. Feedback from consumers is a very important part of the process . NBA ELITE had the benefit of play-testing, a demo and a lot of our own research. All that feedback revealed some concerns about gameplay polish, so we’ve listened to your feedback, and made a judgment that the game would benefit from more time in development.

I want to thank our NBA ELITE development team for their efforts to meet this year’s lofty goals, and we’re behind them as they continue their work. While no one is happy with this delay, we appreciate the support and ongoing feedback from our fans. We’ll have more information coming soon.

http://www.easports.com/blogs/itsinthegame/post/slug/nba-elite-delayed-nba-jam-ships-on-wii-next-week-xbox-360-and-ps3-coming-before-holidays  

So glad about NBA Jam. Not surprised about Elite. The demo was terrible.
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Great news. I had no interest in Elite and was bummed about needing to buy it just to get a gimped version of this new NBA Jam.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By fwylo

Lol remember when they said it was Wii exclusive.

Bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Bigrhyno

Maybe it has something to do with this (The 3 minute mark is where the hilarity really begins).

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

Now lets hope the Xbox360/PS3 version has all the modes the Wii version will have.

readymix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By readymix

This whole elite/NBA jam Paring was weird to begin with. Now it's getting weirder. Now that it's a standalone will it be a retail copy or downloadable.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By beargirl1
@fwylo said:

" Lol remember when they said it was Wii exclusive. "

heh. exclusive. right!
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By rjayb89

Kinda yay.  All that NBA Jam on NBA Elite 56 really turned me off.

p_p_o_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By p_p_o_d

so they are "shipping" NBA jam on ps360? 

shipping = disc 

disc = "full game with crazy single player mode that was tought to be wii only"  

sounds cool if you ask me. 

its the way this should have happened in the first place.   

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mosdl

Ouch.  I wonder if Jam will be downloadable or not on psn, that would be sweet.  There is your next endurance run

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
@Bigrhyno: 
Damn...they must have borrowed some code from Game Room.
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By turboman

it needs to be downloadable... I can't see myself paying $60 for NBA Jam

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Claude

Good, maybe people will fucking quit crying. NBA Jam for everyone!!!

RedFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By RedFive

I hope they ship all the modes available on the Wii version with the Xbox 360 & PS3 releases. I loved the 360 version of NBA JAM that I tried at PAX! I played the Wii version, too, and I found it not as easy to control or pretty to look at. 

P.S. -- BOOMSHAKALAKA

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By ReyGitano
@Chaser324: My interest in Jam is high, but not great enough to warrant buying Elite, so I'm happy about this as well.
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

HELLLLLLL YEAH.  This is quite exciting, I hope this also means Xbox 360 and PS3 will have all the modes of the Wii version.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By Sooperspy

Thank you lord.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Romination

Awesome! Hopefully it'll find more of an audience and...well... not flop like i'm kind of afraid it will.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By halberdierv2

From Downtown!!

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By FesteringNeon
@Bigrhyno said:
" Maybe it has something to do with this (The 3 minute mark is where the hilarity really begins).

"
this was awesome
fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By fjordson

That video is hilarious. I wish I had encountered Jesus Bynum in my demo playthrough.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mosdl
@RedFive said:
" I hope they ship all the modes available on the Wii version with the Xbox 360 & PS3 releases. I loved the 360 version of NBA JAM that I tried at PAX! I played the Wii version, too, and I found it not as easy to control or pretty to look at.  P.S. -- BOOMSHAKALAKA "
Were the graphics HD or just upscaled Wii ones? 
bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By bhhawks78

10$ download - hell yes. 
40-60$ disc laugh for a few months when it's in bargain bins/used for 10-15$

RedFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By RedFive
@mosdl said:
Were the graphics HD or just upscaled Wii ones?  "

Tough to tell on the tiny LCD monitors they used at PAX, but it looked nice and crisp. I would guess it was proper HD from the games I played.
SpudBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By SpudBug

Great! Really was hoping to have NBA Jam in HD, now it looks like it's happening in some kind of normal manner.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#26  Edited By Hailinel

My money is on the 360/PS3 releases as just the downloadable versions.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Emilio

I'm going to wait until the Wii version is priced down. I mean, sure, I never thought It'd be exclusive (don't ever expect anything on a Nintendo system to be exclusive unless it is published by Nintendo themselves) but it still bums me out that there is no online. 

I mean, I just really don't get it. I don't fully understand why EA would do this. Part of me thinks that if it goes retail on disc, that means that EA can get ten extra dollars from the PS3/360 version.  

And its not like the Wii can't go online. I mean, shit, all three consoles and both handhelds in the market can go online. EA even has games on Wii that go online. EA even has games on Wii that don't use friend codes. 

What I'm trying to say is that EA is just playing with you guys. They spent all their money on NBA Elite, putting it in licensing from the NBA, and graphics, and licensed music from the record labels, and now they want you to think that NBA Jam is the next hot shit, when in reality its just a clone of Midway's game. All EA has done is bought the NBA Jam name from those silly bankrupt'd fools at Midway. It won't contain any of the soul that was originally there, and it'll end up being another EA Sports game that happens to focus on arcade gameplay instead of simulation. 

And then we'll see NBA Jam 2 next year. And NBA Jam 3 after that. And NBA Jam 4 after that...

But in reality I'm just making stuff up.