Your most anticipated gaming products in general for 2022?

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Hello there gamers in the Giant Bomb forums!

We're in the very early 2022, so this thread is a sort of repetition of my last year's thread about users' most anticipated games to be released between mid-2021 to fall 2022? now this time, it will include peripherals, accessories, game content and much more to be released in 2022.

Here are my most anticipated gaming products are:

Peripherals:

• Thrustmaster Direct Drive Wheelbase for PC (To be revealed by January 20th)
  • Thrustmaster T248 Xbox Variant (Announced back in December 3rd, 2021 and scheduled to release by March 15th, 2022)

Video Games:

• British Touring Car Championship The Game (Announced back in 2020 and scheduled to release by somewhere in 2022, but better be sim-racing rather than Simcade)
  • Assetto Corsa Competizione (PS5/Xbox Series X/S version) (I'm hoping this game's optimization is going to be so good!)
  • F1 2022 (I hope this game will be announced and better be sim-racing)
  • Gran Turismo 7 (Announced back in 2020 and scheduled to release by March 4th, 2022)
  • Forza Motorsport Reboot (Announced back in 2020 and scheduled to release somewhere by 2022)
  • Dakar Desert Rally (I hope this game will be good)
  • NASCAR 22 (I hope this game will be announced and better be much better than NASCAR 21: Ignition)
  • GRID Legends (I hope this will be a very good arcade-style racing game as it reminds me a lot of the legendary Project Gotham Racing series in terms of gameplay and driving model!)
  • Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown (Since Forza Horizon 5 is so good, I'm hoping this one will be good too!)
  • Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (This game will make me relive my fun childhood memories of Lego and Star Wars!)

Additional game content:

• New DLCs for Assetto Corsa Competizione
  • Stock Car Brasil in iRacing
  • New DLCs for Automobilista 2

Computer component:

• NVIDIA RTX 4000 series (I'm hoping this series is going to be so good and able to buy one by fall 2022 or mid-2023!)
sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2 sombre  Online

Being able to look at a PS5 in person

Lol joking

strijd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Being able to buy a ps5, nah is im kidding. That’s 2023 lol…

MechaShadow84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Indeed. PS5 is a myth. Those that claim to own it are lying through their teeth!

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GTxForza

Yeah, guys, the electronic shortages are still occurring during the days of COVID-19.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Just Elden Ring and the currently rumored Switch version of Persona 4 Golden. ...because I really need three versions of Persona 4.

...Oh, and for Cyberpunk 2077 to come out of early access so I can change the color of my pubic hair without using mods.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GTxForza
@facelessvixen said:

Just Elden Ring and the currently rumored Switch version of Persona 4 Golden. ...because I really need three versions of Persona 4.

...Oh, and for Cyberpunk 2077 to come out of early access so I can change the color of my pubic hair without using mods.

I hope you will enjoy Elden Ring and the rumored Switch version of Persona 4 Golden.

Yeah, I really want to play Cyberpunk 2077 on PC while waiting for more & more bugs to be eliminated by future patches.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There's a lot of cute ass indie games about cute animals doing cute things on my list of stuff for 2022 so far that I'm excited for. Not much in the way of bigger stuff so far. Sifu seems neat. I'm curious to see how Ghostwire Tokyo turns out. Maybe Digimon Survive will actually come out finally. Bayonetta 3?

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By AV_Gamer

I just want to see how many big AAA video game releases that were delayed until Feb 2022 will actually come out during that time, and how many of those games will get delayed again, mainly to the holiday season of this year or early 2023.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I need the new Horizon ASAP (luckily, that's the way it is!) and I'm weirdly, weirdly anticipating returning to The Witcher 3 with the free PS5 upgrade whenever that comes out.

God of War is kind of a given desire but I'm not sold that it's a given release (though it has been four years, Spider-Man isn't making it this year so...) so I'm not letting myself get excited yet.

Forspoken is a game I think looks and sounds pretty damn cool but the media hasn't been so hot on in previews - I don't think that was hands on though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Otherwise, I feel like Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad are going to be two games I don't care much at all about lore-wise but will be quite fun to play and fill that Spidey-hole in my heart.

I haven't played a Gran Turismo since GT3 nor a racing game since GRID 2 and I have a PS5, so GT7 feels like a bit of a given unless something's really off about it (and why would it be?)

Sifu looks cool, waiting to hear if Stranger of Paradise is as...chaotic as the early trailers promised.

And then of course there's Elden Ring, though FromSoft is just one for two with me between Bloodborne and Sekiro so I'll wait to hear how people are finding the progression before dipping my toes in. I should just finally download the copy of Demon's Souls I bought...

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GTxForza
GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brian_ said:

There's a lot of cute ass indie games about cute animals doing cute things on my list of stuff for 2022 so far that I'm excited for. Not much in the way of bigger stuff so far. Sifu seems neat. I'm curious to see how Ghostwire Tokyo turns out. Maybe Digimon Survive will actually come out finally. Bayonetta 3?

I'm hoping Bayonetta 3 is going to be so good as I can tell that the studio (Platinum Games) had worked so hard for their fast-paced action & adventure games from all over the years.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GTxForza
@av_gamer said:

I just want to see how many big AAA video game releases that were delayed until Feb 2022 will actually come out during that time, and how many of those games will get delayed again, mainly to the holiday season of this year or early 2023.

I understood and I do not wish to see any sort of developer failing their respective projects in terms of development.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I refuse to purchase a PS5 until I can buy it at MSRP; so that is something I look forward to.

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peripheral: Steam Deck

Game: Horizon Forbidden West

And strangely enough, a bunch of the titles that the new Microprose is publishing (Regiments, Task Force Admiral, Sea Power, Tiny Combat Arena) - a lot of childhood nostalgia of the types of games I used to play on my Apple II wrapped up in the subject matter of those games.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GTxForza
@monkeyking1969 said:

I refuse to purchase a PS5 until I can buy it at MSRP; so that is something I look forward to.

I see, yeah COVID-19 caused shortages while raising up the prices for electronics in general.

Edit: By 2023, let's see how is the PS5 and Xbox Series X's price is going to be.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peripheral: Steam Deck

Game: Horizon Forbidden West

And strangely enough, a bunch of the titles that the new Microprose is publishing (Regiments, Task Force Admiral, Sea Power, Tiny Combat Arena) - a lot of childhood nostalgia of the types of games I used to play on my Apple II wrapped up in the subject matter of those games.

I hope you will have good times with the Steam Deck along with Horizon Forbidden West.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Three that I can think of that I'll definitely be getting at release, only one of which is high-profile.

• Resident Evil 4 HD Project 1.0 release, February 2. This fan-made remaster of one of my absolute favorite games of all time has been eight years in the making. I've already played the project's earlier beta releases a good deal and the difference in quality from the original is night and day. And since it's one of the few games this old that I still go back and play frequently, I'm anticipating the release of this thing about as much as I would a brand spanking new triple-A title. I'm always ready to play through RE4 again, and this release is just going to make it that much better.
  • Elden Ring, February 25. Obviously this is the high-profile one, and nothing more need be said about it here. I'm as big a From Software fan as anyone and they have yet to churn out a Soulsbourne game I haven't liked.

• Rogue Legacy 2, Q2. I've been loving the hell out of Rogue Legacy 2 in early access, and wrote about it here a bit in the middle of last year. It's already a better game than its predecessor. The game doesn't have a firm release date just yet, but they're in the final stretch and aiming for Q2. Looks like they'll probably hit that mark.

I'm also cautiously optimistic about Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin, which is releasing on March 18. I'm not sold enough to pre-order the thing (yet, though I may change my mind), but I did play that demo back in June and enjoyed it. Plus, Team Ninja and Koei Tecmo are developing it; I adore the Nioh games and have been an occasional fan of KT's Warriors titles, so I'd say I'm predisposed to give it a fair shake.

JayCowle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre said:

Being able to look at a PS5 in person

Lol joking

First thing that came to mind!

In all seriousness though: I'm looking forward to Horizon and just dont know if i can play it on my launch PS4 without suffering load times long enough to force me to reflect on my life choices -Thus I need a PS5, for mental health reasons.

Half joking here but my point is seeing my PS4 take 45+ seconds to reload Red Dead 2 I bailed on the game and have been paranoid of buying new PS4 titles ever since (Ghost of Tsushima ran fine).

Hail Game Pass.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, one more. I knew I'd forget something. IOI announced late last year that more Hitman 3 content was coming, and I'm always ready for more Hitman. Excited to see what they announce when they go into more detail in a few weeks.

peffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

STRAY, because I want to be a cat. Who knows if the game will be good. It doesn't matter. Cat.

God of War Ragnarok. I loved the 2018 reboot, despite my inability to kill Valkyries even on easy difficulty (I think I killed 2 or 3 and then gave up because it wasn't good for my mental health). Exploration was so good. Hopefully there will be less "slowly squeeze through this small space", but it's cross-gen so who knows. I'll be playing on PS5 so maybe they can fast-forward through those parts, lol.

Saints Row. Had a lot of fun with SR 2, 3, 4, so I think this one should be good. Gonna see how it reviews first, though.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: regarding RTX cards you are very optimistic. The only "new" RTX card that has officially been mentioned is going to be a re-release of 20XX TI or supers that NVidia plans to put out. The gpu landscape continues to be grim.