Your expectations for Summer Game Fest 2022?

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Dear gamers in the Giant Bomb forums

Today, Summer Game Fest has announced the coming up event will occur by June 9th, 2022.

So here are my expectations to see are:

1st Parties:

• New MotorStorm
  • Forza Motorsport Reboot's first gameplay trailer
  • Future of Gran Turismo 7
  • New Project Gotham Racing
  • New F-Zero
  • New WipEout
  • New The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 trailer

3rd Parties:

• New Ridge Racer
  • New Sega Rally
  • New Daytona USA
  • New Blur (Activision's published driving game)
  • Need For Speed 2022's first trailer
  • New Girls und Panzer game
  • New Magnificent Kotobuki game
  • Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (2022 Game)

Edit: The ones I've crossed out are the ones that never showed up.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

My prediction is that, as is the case with the Game Awards, Geoff Keighley's lack of an editor and general inability to tell people "no" when they ask for air time will result in a bloated event that goes on far longer than it has any right to.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BladeOfCreation

@zombiepie: Look, say what you will about Geoff Keighley.

Edit: I know that "say what you will about..." is usually followed by a caveat. Not this time.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I expect to be bored by a lack of indie games and spend the whole time thinking about this year's Wholesome Direct instead.

I don't know. I'm not as down on Keighley as a lot of people seem to be. Or at least, I am as ambivalent on him running a show as I am the ESA or any of the big publishers. My expectations for these things remain the same. The stuff I'll be most excited for are the games we don't know about yet. If I see two or three of things that pique my interest, and I get an enjoyable musical performance or some sort of hilarious moment of unintended cringe out of it, I'll call it a successful show.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This show has been going for how many season now? Im tired of this will they wont they bullshit! Mads Mikkelsen needs to step aside and let love bloom on the battlefield!

No Caption Provided

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I expect a shitload of shilling and I expect to have a good time being shilled at. I don't have any specific expectations I just hope the games look good (which is to say, to my taste) or are at least entertainingly bad looking.

I want to get excited for stuff I've never heard of before. New cool games please.

noobsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I expect both stuff AND things to happen.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I expect I will spend a few minutes the next day on youtube watching trailers, and will save myself the pain of watching it live...

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

2 hours of ads with occasional trailers showing nothing new for games we already know about. I might check out some trailers later but I'm definitely not watching the show itself.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'm very excited for this mild-mannered Canadian man to give the same level of bland brandthusiasm to everything covered on his show, from DLC trailers for service games I've never heard of, to teaser trailers for big publisher titles that won't come out for another 2-3 years, to awkward lip-service about how we're all united by a love of video games.

also I'll likely end up watching it live because I live a life of self-inflicted pain