Xbox Series X

archimedes83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Couldn't find the actual product to add to my cart on either newegg or amazon.

They just had their general splash pages up.

Anyone else have this issue?

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Target has them up, and I got an order in through the Microsoft Store.

morningcoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had tabs open for Amazon, BB, and Microsoft Store. It looks like Amazon and BB never went live. I managed to get mine from Microsoft.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheRealTurk

I got to the process of getting mine into the cart at Target, but the page just crashes after that. Microsoft's page just errors out. Amazon's page never went up.

Basically, you were never going to be able to compete against the bots. There are already several hundred listings on ebay looking to gouge people on the price.

EDIT: Just managed to get mine through Amazon (allegedly). Though I believe they've already come out and said they might not deliver by release date. I fully expect it to fall through.

archimedes83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By archimedes83

still waiting in the que for game*STOP*

Nevermind - out of stock

krulon87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archimedes83: the weird thing is no matter what you are looking for at Gamestop you are automatically put in a que. So you are not only waiting on people who are pre-ordering the new Xbox but anyone on the website at all.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

All the sites were wonky (slow, crashing, telling you the cart was empty at checkout), but I eventually checked out at Wal-Mart. Though I had to place the order like 5 times since it kept saying it was unavailable once I got to the final step.

hack1501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was able to get mine through the MS store, had to constantly refresh the page. It looks like the Amazon page just went live finally about 5 min ago.

Avatar image for ralphmoustaccio
RalphMoustaccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was able to get a pre-order in via Amazon. I happened to be on twitter right when Danny O'Dwyer tweeted that their system went live. We'll see if it shows up on release day or not.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

I got mine through the MS Store. After lots of page load errors and my bank card getting put on hold, I eventually got it through.

Now whether or not it shows up on release day is a different question...but fingers crossed! :|

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Amazon put theirs up like an hour or so after everyone else. With that being the case, that was the easiest for me to get to, took 3 buttons clicks and like 30 seconds.

S still isn't up

berfunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I got the series S direct from Microsoft. It's what I wanted so I'm happy.

navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I nearly missed out but my wife managed to preorder a Series X through a local electronics chain. Current delivery estimate is November 17th but here’s hoping it ships early.

htc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I managed to get one in the brief five minute window Amazon UK had the X, but it did involve a lot of refreshing an error screen.

Weirdly I'm seeing a lot of people suggesting the S still being available to find easily is some sort of failure, rather than the way it should be with a new release.

furiousjodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Got an X through Amazon US. Once Amazon had them up it was pretty painless - tried MS store for a while before that.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know if Microsoft Store ships in a box outside the console box or just puts a shipping label on the console box itself? I live in an apartment building where packages get left in a common area and while package theft isn't a huge problem it does happen and obviously a box that is clearly a game console is a pretty tempting target.

strack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: I pre-orded the X1X from them and it came in a cardboard box with the console box inside.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@eldranth: did it say “worlds most powerful shipping box” on the outside?

archimedes83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got one in my cart, can't finish the transaction at microsoft.com

has any internet business done pre-orders well, ever?

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bigsocrates

@archimedes83: It took me a couple tries to get the preoder to go through at Microsoft for what it's worth but it eventually did go through.

Microsoft in particular should have done a better job because they are a major provider of web hosting and servers, so they should have an easier time scaling up their capacity for this kind of situation. It's more understandable when a company like Sony or, heh, Nintendo struggles, but server capacity is much more part of Microsoft's core business these days than video games are.

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: What's ironic is they have a technology that is literally for doing exactly that marketed to big companies....hahaha.

Me thinks they just haven't migrated their store servers to Azure yet, for some reason or another.

LilNatureBoyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't have $560 laying around so the all access $35 was my only hope, but the dang citizens one application site was erroring under load too.

norm9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost pulled the trigger on Gamestop website. Since my buddy's buying an X and I gameshare with him, if I purchase the series X, I'm essentailly getting four years of Gamepass with my purchase.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reap3r160: All the Azure servers are busy with Crackdown 3 multiplayer.

Avatar image for ralphmoustaccio
RalphMoustaccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilnatureboyx: I would have preferred to do the All Access, since it's ultimately a little cheaper if you're planning to sub to GamePass Ultimate anyway, which I am. It just wouldn't work at all. The Microsoft store page for it finally loads, but hitting the "get started" button still does absolutely nothing. Target's All Access page says the X and S packages won't be available until launch day, so you might try that if more pre-orders through it don't open up between now and then.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Making a pre-order here in Finland was quite easy, but this is traditionally a very PlayStation centric region. I was actually able to snag three pre-orders and I'll see which one I end up actualizing based on if they'll have midnight launches and what sort of trade-in offers they'll give on my current console.

MikeOTron1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the end of the Bombcast, I was able to put a Series X in my cart through the Best Buy app. It crashed, but was still in my cart. Opened up the browser, signed in...and it was still there. Checked out, no problem! Keep checking Best Buy...and show no mercy. Use an incognito tab if the site gets weird.

serryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I liked GameStop's idea of creating a virtual waiting room for their site, but I think they cheated and just used that page to throttle traffic randomly.

After getting moved in & out of the waiting room several times, I finally got to the Xbox Series X page and saw they were sold out (natch). When I hit refresh, GameStop put me back in the waiting room - - despite having no stock!

Still, it was funny to see people on Twitter complaining about the XSX launch when they only wanted to buy a Switch game.

OtterChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had one in my cart at WalMart but couldn't check out with it, reading up thread I guess I should have tried a bit more but oh well I can wait. For me Target wouldn't let me put one in the cart and I didn't know Amazon was late with their page so I stopped trying to get one after 15 minutes figuring they were all gone. Never thought to try the Microsoft store.

I have plans to build a new PC with a 3080 or Big Navi card so I'm going to be playing the waiting game for a long time I think between that and these consoles. The only thing I really would like to play at launch would be Demon Souls for the PS5 (which I also didn't get a pre-order for).

Birtrum_Yonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, it's almost as if Microsoft assumed that their console wouldn't be a best seller. It's like they jumped to the conclusion that people wouldn't buy it because there aren't any good reasons to buy it.

It just seems to me that they aren't taking into account all of the people who would preorder it, instantly regret it, and then post about their buyer's remorse on internet gaming forums. Jeez, talk about neglecting a key demographic of consumers.