Avatar image for lowestformofwit
lowestformofwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Hi guys,

I bought my nephew an Xbox one s for Christmas and would like to share my digital purchases with him. He obviously doesn’t live in the same house as me.

Can anyone help how I set this up?

Do I need to add his (new) account to my home Xbox and then set his home Xbox as my Xbox or something?

Thanks.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I personally have no experience with this topic, but based on my knowledge of how game libraries are handled on Xbox, I THINK this is how it works:

Option 1: Add your account to his Xbox. He will need to be logged on to Xbox Live as you to play your games. You will not be allowed to both be logged on to Xbox Live at the same time, so if you are connected on your "home" Xbox and he logs on as you, you will be logged out. You should not be required to be connected to the internet in order to play your games on your Xbox. Theoretically I think you could play a game offline and he could be logged into Xbox Live and you would have simultaneous access to the same game library.

Option 2: Set his Xbox as your "home" Xbox. He will not be required to be connected to the internet to access your games on his Xbox, but you will be required to be connected to Xbox Live in order to have access to your library. This is basically just the inverse of option 1.

Like I said, this is just my educated guess on how it works, so please do not take this as gospel. If a console is designated as your "home" console it does not require to be connected to the internet to access your game library. But if your account is on an Xbox other than your "home" console, it needs to be connected to the internet to access that account's game library. Based on that, I think the options I described above would work, but I do not know for certain as I have never tried it myself.

fnrslvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By fnrslvr

^More or less as above. Your digitally purchased games should be accessible via either

• your account logged onto Xbox Live; or
  • your account's designated home Xbox.

You need to give your nephew access to one of these things in order to allow him to access your digital games. You can only have one home Xbox (unless you pull something sly involving setting up an Xbox as your home Xbox, downloading/running all the games on it, pulling it offline, making another Xbox your home Xbox, and never putting the offline home Xbox online ever again?), and only one Xbox can be logged into your account on Xbox Live at a time.

Avatar image for lowestformofwit
lowestformofwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Thanks for the advice guys.

Poor that it doesn't work like the Xbox 360. I thought the Xbox Family settings were on par or better than 360.

I'll try adding my xbox as my nephews home xbox later (or when I get a call saying he can't play Lego Marvel...)