What's your end of the year Elden Ring play time?

CyrusRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So now that we're basically at the end of 2022. What's your total Elden Ring playtime? Between multiple characters I've got 272 hours under my belt...

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just fired up the game to check. You're not going to believe this, but I've got 273 hours, 16 minutes, and 36 seconds just on the one character. That includes an entire playthrough with a buddy and a lot of grinding on "the hill." I'm level 450.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

It took me 94 hours to finish the game. I did fire it up a few times afterwards to play it with friends and eventually started NG+, but only played like an hour of it. I think my total playtime is a little over a hundred hours.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

Steam says 165 hours, 42/42 achievements. Just waiting for DLC that isn't PVP DLC, then I'll probably start another new character and play through it again. Haven't done a DEX run yet!

AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaqen_hghar: And DEX is totally the best stat this time around, too. I say that even though DEX was never my dump stat in any of the other games.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By doctordonkey

One playthrough after absolutely scrapping the and taking the world in, at a meandering pace had me at 234 hours. I haven't booted it up in ages but that's the number I remember last.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

This reminds me that in a generation lacking in systemic innovations, it'd be cool to see games and the platform itself homogenize when and why play time is tracked. I've loved scanning my PS5 profile for hour counts but I've also become aware that the number rarely matches whatever a game itself reports. Having said that...

My profile says 99 hours. My original character, which I've taken about halfway through a NG+ (I named her Ahoy as a nod to Horizon) is level 147, 96 hours and 24 minutes. A second character I barely remember named Bejar (after Destroyer's Dan Bejar) is level 20 at 2 hours and 43 minutes. And my third, a blood mage named Gil G'mesh is level 50 with 25 hours and 22 minutes. So that'd be about 123 hours.

That mage character, which I haven't touched in at least a couple months, clarified the style variety the game offers as I found many things impressively easier and harder, but I still don't see how I could've spent anywhere close to the near 600 hours I spent playing MLB The Show this year.

AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima said:

This reminds me that in a generation lacking in systemic innovations, it'd be cool to see games and the platform itself homogenize when and why play time is tracked. I've loved scanning my PS5 profile for hour counts but I've also become aware that the number rarely matches whatever a game itself reports.

I'm sure that the console would be tracking how long the game has simply been running, whereas the game itself would track it based on a save file, so I assume that's the difference. If you're a major save scummer then the console report might actually be more honest, but it's also not going to distinguish between "real" play time, and those periods where you left the game open at the main menu while eating dinner.

noobsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A paltry 107 hours.

JosephRapos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JosephRapos

I'm just a newbie here, so I think my score would be the lowest)

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Over 60 hours. I stopped playing after I beaten it and haven't gone back since. I don't have multiple builds and there are many bosses I've haven't beaten yet, which I realized after watching speed runners beat them. I might go back, but I have a lot of other games on my plate first.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have a single playthrough at 150ish hrs. i kinda feel like i smoked the whole pack, so it'll probably stay there until new single player content is released.

AzlamOrlandu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm 121 hours and I still haven't finished it...

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I also only did one playthrough and landed somewhere in the 150-200 range,

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

88 hours. Saw an ending, didn't bother doing the optional bosses. Haven't been back since.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I fell off when I got to the mansion in the volcano. I think I had about 73 hours or something like that. Still my GOTY most likely though. I need to go back to it soon.

prl412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

188 hours without selecting new game plus.

Steam says 165 hours, 42/42 achievements. Just waiting for DLC that isn't PVP DLC, then I'll probably start another new character and play through it again. Haven't done a DEX run yet!

I, too, save scummed all the endings from a single play through. :D

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't checked but it's probably 130 hours. Played it through once and started a second character. It occupies the same space as Skyrim for me. A very good game but starting it again feels like a commitment.

There is a mild curiosity to go back and fight Melania but no more. If I could efficiently optimise a playthrough, it'd be a different story.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have mine installed to check but I'll ballpark it at around ~150. I played two characters, one to the end and one very close to it and both of them did a substantial chunk of the open world in the process.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

125 hours. That's a single character having done or more or less all the content in the game. Never started another character.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

@atheistpreacher:Yeah, one of my brothers played DEX and had a blast. I always play DEX in souls, so decided to mix it up. And since I started reading Berserk last year it was kind of inevitable that I would end up with STR and greatswords. Yes, greatswords plural. Having two massive chunks of iron dropping on enemies was a blast!

@prl412: Oh, I didn't save scum. You only need three endings for the achievements, so I did two of them on my double greatsword character. New game plus on that was brutal, but I did it. Then I made a INT character and used magic for my third and final ending. Haven't done the other endings, so I have stuff open to do even if there isn't story DLC coming.