What your pre-360 treadmill game ( something you would have platinumed)? Not multi not rts..etc

Avatar image for sometingbanuble
sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

If you could have platinumed what would you have platinumed from the pre360 era. For me it would have been THPS3 and Diddy Kong Racing.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

goldeneye for sure- i spent untold hours trying to unlock those cheats (i still get vietnam-flashbacks to natalya STEPPING INTO the line of fire in the control room).

totally worth it though.

AshuSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AshuSP

Super Metroid or Link to the Past.

To me they are a little obvious being speed running games where low and 100% clears in a timeframe is easy to see but they are just that fun to go for.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Impossible Mission for C64. I spent hundreds of hours on that game as a kid, learning ways to clear every room.

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Spider-man 2 for the ps2 and Gamecube

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Driver, THPS2, Croc: Legend of the Gobbo's, Rayman 1 & 2, Final Fantasy VIII & X, Worms World Party & Parappa The Rapper.

peffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By peffy

Final Fantasy (NES) - I was under 10 years old, probably, and had nothing else to do during summer, so I just grinded in the final dungeon until all characters were max level. For no reason. Then again, a platinum might have required me to do multiple playthroughs with different classes, so maybe I wouldn't have earned it.

Final Fantasy II (SNES) - (aka FF4) Similar to FF1, out of pure boredom I grinded in the final dungeon until everyone was max level.

The Lion King (SNES) - These days, I often hear people mention how hard this game was. But I probably beat this game 50+ times during the boredom of my youth. Once you get the levels memorized, it's not hard at all.

Final Fantasy X (PS2) - I believe there was only one thing I didn't do, which is play enough Blitzball to get Wakka's ultimate weapon. I maxed out the sphere grid and got all the other weapons (yes, including the lightning dodging). Many years later, I earned the actual platinum in the remastered version on Vita (yes, including the lightning dodging AGAIN). And I did get Wakka's weapon this time by cheesing Blitzball (hiding behind the goalie or something).

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

I've never been someone who sees most of the games I play to the end, but TimeSplitters: Future Perfect is one I played through multiple times. I didn't beat all the challenges, but I think I might have with a trophy/achievement as incentive.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9 Ben_H  Online

I definitely played through THPS4 many times just to see each skater's special ending event. I completed every single thing you could possibly do in that game.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By noboners

Banjo Kazooie for sure. I think if DK64 had achievements, I probably would have collected everything in it as well, but Banjo was a much more enjoyable collectathon for me. And growing up, I didn't ever own Mario 64, so Banjo was the 3D platformer I spent the most time with.

It didn't help that there were plenty of rumors about what would happen when you collect everything in it, and I had to see if those were true.

I'm pretty excited for it to come to the Nintendo Switch Online catalog so I can see if adult me will find it still enjoyable.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Championship Manager 2001-2002. Playing multiple long-running games until the database collapses is just as good as a Pacman kill screen.