What would impress you and/or disappoint you about the new mario film?

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Reviews are in, and they seem...well what you expect.

So what would make you happy or sad if included or not included in the film. What would blow your mind?!!!

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if anything would blow my mind as DMX is no longer with us to voice a Goomba but I guess a nod to Wrecking Crew or Mario being a ref would make me smile.

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one see's it in the theater, but just look. You can see Mario is uncircumsized.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think what would blow my mind would be this movie tried even a TINY BIT to blow my mind. It looks very entertaining and I'm sure it will be and will do well, but I can't fathom anything about it being surprising.

sunie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@chamurai: I know that, at least in the promo material, references to Spike have been made. There's this website for Mario & Luigi's plumbing business and Spike left a bad review on it. Wonder if they'll leave it at that though.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By AV_Gamer

I expect this movie to be a straight forward Mario video game cutscene, like how the Ratchet & Clank movie was the 2016 reboot game, but in a whole cutscene. If they are able to do at least half of this, it will be a huge success and make that 220 million and beyond that Nintendo is expecting. This movie will be a hit with both children and adults like the Sonic movies were. And yes, the comparisons will happen.

Edit: Just checked Rotten Tomato, and the reviews are mixed and mostly negative. The main complaint seems to be that the film is nothing but fan service and Easter eggs with no standard plot to get behind. There is no Yoshi. And Chris Pratt sucks as Mario. The audience score is positive though. Still comparing it to the Sonic movies, Sonic won this round. Positive scores on Rotten in comparison.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Its fine, a fun movie to watch. I think POKÉMON DETECTIVE PIKACHU was more daring and more inventive, but so what? I think everyone involved was FORCED by the stupidity of the fando to tread very carfully. We reap what we sow, and video game fandom has proven they will whine about everything. So, for this first outing we get something innoffeive that hopeful does well enough to allow a second and third movie.

freemeerkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, you're missing out on some epic Mario action! The film brings the classic video game characters to life in a whole new way. It's a fun and action-packed adventure that'll have you rooting for Mario and his gang the whole way through. Plus, the animation and special effects are absolutely stunning. So, grab some popcorn and give it a watch!

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Dan_CiTi

I loved the movie. It is not some cinematic landmark, but it takes advantage of the Mario characters, world, and all those surroundings to make a fun, cute, sharp movie filled with joyful details and references for longtime fans of the games. Everyone was great in it, especially Jack Black and Anya Taylor-Joy. I preferred how they did it to the Sonic movie, leaning into the games (which to be fair, are far richer in the case of Mario than Sonic) more than telling an more "original" story and more referencing memes that Sonic did. That being said both movies are solid fun.

Sure, if you go in as someone who knows or cares little for Super Mario as an IP, it's a very straight forward family-oriented action adventure film. Even with that caveat, it's charming and doesn't overstay its welcome and has lovely visuals. Outside of something like The Last of Us, it's not like there's many other video game adaptations that are striving for and achieving much more than this movie.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 24

Haven't seen the Mario movie, but that new Shinkai joint, Suzume No Tojimari is probably more of a "video game" than that easter egg fest. Suzume got to close 5 doors and which has some escalation than the one before like how video games do their escalation.