What Review Score Would You Give Dying Light 2?

mockshaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By mockshaun

Poll What Review Score Would You Give Dying Light 2? (31 votes)

1 – Abysmal 0%
2 – Terrible 0%
3 – Bad 3%
4 – Poor 6%
5 – Average 10%
6 – Not Bad 23%
7 – Good 32%
8 – Great 19%
9 – Excellent 3%
10 – Outstanding 3%
 • 
SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's just cut to the quick: is Dying Light 2 better than Super Mario Odyssey and Doom Eternal?

mockshaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode: my personal opinion Dying Light 2 average

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

10 point review scales? Not in this house!

Yiffmaster69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It may not be a perfect comparison but DL2 gives me major Fallout New Vegas vibes in the general flow of the gameplay. You can take your time, go at your own pace, rummage, and do a million side things and the main story will be waiting whenever you are ready. The game has its bugs but I think it’s a flawed gem.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@yiffmaster69: Damn, you might have just sold me on Dying Light 2.

Herbeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Herbeux

The thing is there are not many "aaa" open-world games that you can play co-op and thats where DL / DL 2 excels. Also the traversal with the parkoursystem is fun and combat is above average. It has many bugs yes but to put things in context it's not like cyberpunk launch. The plot and characters are kind of ridiculous but but atleast there are some funny sidestory stuff that is not that self-serious as the main plot (thought there is some comedic value of that self-seriousnes).

In other words, I don't think it's just another Ubisoftesque openworld thingy.

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MobiusFun

I found the game to be boring and I regret buying it. It's also kind of an ugly brown blurry mess. I recently built a new PC with a RTX 3080 and a i7-12700k and although I can play the game on ultra w/ raytracing settings, I don't think I would recommend it. Anywhere in the game that has lots of swaying plants looks like garbage, and there are more places like that than you would think.

I expected something like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic with cutting edge graphics but I got something more like a first-person assassin's creed that looks like modded fallout 4. I'm kicking myself for not saving that $60 for Elden Ring, Warhammer 3, or Ghostwire: Tokyo. I also have to agree with Rorie on the bombcast, I don't think I've used a skip dialogue button in a video game as much as I use it in DL2. 5/10

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheRealTurk

It's a 6.67 out of 10. Dying Light 2's problem is that it can't decide what it wants to be. Is it a zombie survival game? Is it supposed to be about the factions in the City? Is it supposed to be about finding your sister? Is it supposed to be serious or goofy? Instead of choosing one of those things and being great at it, the game wants to be all of them at once and ends up making all of them kind of mediocre instead. (Special demerits to the writing here, which between having no idea who its characters are and some squiffy localization is capital T-terrible.)

I remember the first one being much more focused and being the better for it. Not every game needs to be a 100+ hour slog-fest.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I found the game to be boring and I regret buying it. It's also kind of an ugly brown blurry mess. I recently built a new PC with a RTX 3080 and a i7-12700k and although I can play the game on ultra w/ raytracing settings, I don't think I would recommend it. Anywhere in the game that has lots of swaying plants looks like garbage, and there are more places like that than you would think.

It's kind of crazy how ugly the game is! Like, it's so brown. And somehow RTX just makes everything look blurry and weird! I'm kind of surprised at how people are lauding it for being graphically impressive; it really is kind of off-putting visually in a lot of ways.

That said I'm having a solid time with it, so I'd say it's like an 8/10 if I had to judge.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@rorie said:
@mobiusfun said:

It's kind of crazy how ugly the game is! Like, it's so brown. And somehow RTX just makes everything look blurry and weird! I'm kind of surprised at how people are lauding it for being graphically impressive; it really is kind of off-putting visually in a lot of ways.

That said I'm having a solid time with it, so I'd say it's like an 8/10 if I had to judge.

It's so strange how odd everything looks in this game. I have RTX off right now since the DX12 RTX tanked my frame rate at 1440P but with standard lighting all the stuff during the day looks way too dark and everything during the nights way too bright.