The Luchazine Is Up To Something New! - Open Casting Call

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By themoon13

Hey bombcats, you might remember the late Luchazine from last year and how our awesome community banded together to work on the awesome magazine. Unfortunately it had to go on hiatus, blah blah blah, yada yada yada, yap yap yap. But that was then and this is now. We're back and up to something craaaaazy! We're exploring different format options for the Luchazine on the boards if possible (more on that at a later time) and we're also trying to get enough designers and app builders to craft an innovative, interactive magazine experience for the iPad. If this idea sounds baffling, here's a video of a popular iPad magazine in action. Steve Jobs would probably call it magical or something. We've got most of the old crew back together, but we're looking for some fresh meat to pounce on... I mean some fresh faces to join our dedicated team. If you're interested in getting some great work/portfolio experience or just want to have some fun working on a great project with our community members the Luchazine is definitely for you!

Designers

We're looking for some designers to join our current team (as you may have guessed from the heading). We're a little short at the moment for a project this big so we're definitely looking to expand in this area. Creative Suite has built in tools for this type of work and don't worry if you don't have specific experience with these particular tools, there is plenty of documentation to go around. If you're interested, simply PM indian_boy and myself with your portfolio, tell us something about yourself and your availability. We'll get back to you as quickly as humanly possible.

App Builder

We're also looking for someone to handle the actual iPad app itself. If you have experience building apps for iOS devices or simply know Obj-C or even just how to get around, feel free to PM myself and indian_boy. Make sure you let us know what you're capable of and if you have any previous work (whether professional or hobby) that you can show off that would be fantastic. Again, we'll get in touch with you asap.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask indian_boy or myself via PM or by posting in this thread, we promise we won't bite. Maybe.
indian_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By indian_boy

Looking forward to seeing all the applications =).

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#3  Edited By alistercat

I don't think I have the time to lend my design talents to this endeavour. I'm sure it will be great.

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By themoon13
@AlisterCat said:

" I don't think I have the time to lend my design talents to this endeavour. I'm sure it will be great. "

Oh we're not looking for people to slave over this or anything, any little bit helps at the end of the day. As long as we can get a core team to do the high impact stuff, people which don't have time but can contribute on a smaller scale are very beneficial as well.
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#5  Edited By alistercat
@GoranP: I guess I'd need to know something more specific, but I can definitely contribute illustrations and things I guess. I'm doing it all day every day anyway,
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By crusader8463

I can donate pictures of myself in various states of undress. That's about it.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#7  Edited By LordAndrew

Interactive magazine? On the iPad? Peh!

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By themoon13
@crusader8463: Ooooh, that ought to keep everyone motivated.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By EpicSteve

Hit up that kind of rush! 

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By benpack

Magazines? ON THE iPAD? YOU CAN'T BE SRS!

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By thebeast

Nice idea - would be great to see the Luchazine return. 
Have you considered making it web-based rather than a native app? Should let all those people with Android (and in the future, WebOS, etc.) devices join in the fun too, it's potentially less complicated than making native apps - and there should be quite a few more people around here who'd know how to put that sort of thing together.

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By themoon13
@TheBeast:  That's definitely a way to go and features different sorts of challenges than straight up native apps. We'll see what kind of applications from members we get and move accordingly. Ideally you want to reach all possible audiences at the end of the day.
Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Origina1Penguin

A web-based app is an interesting idea.

BackpackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By BackpackKat

I am so excited for this return! You guys can't imagine how much fun it is to work on The Luchazine. Its like Tron Legacy except Olivia Wilde is naked the whole time... VIDEOGAMES!

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#15  Edited By citizenkane

Can't wait to see the Luchazine return!  As before, I can neither write nor design, so I am of no help to you.  =P

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By trulyalive

Whoop! Great to be back all up in this shizzle =)