So how are they doing their friday shows with everyone?

space_cadet_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been thinking about a solution to get me and my friends to be captured all on the same stream with my gameplay. Similar to their new format for unprofessional friday shows. anyone with any experience with obs has any suggestions?

I always kind of wondered how Dan and Leo Vader do it on their Hitman 3 streams as well.

My solution is to run obs:

-have my gameplay in one panel.

-capture my camera in another

-capture my friend's camera via discord.

-audio would be my desktop and mic audio.

-stream my gameplay through discord so that my friend(s) don't get any weird delay of our conversation through viewing through twitch.

Why would we want to do this?

Racing games can be difficult to stream so if we have someone playing and another looking over chat etc.

It's also a bit easier for moderation reasons as well. A lot of Dirt Rally gatekeeping in our chats.

just thought it would be fun and more engaging.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

I have never done this myself, so don't have any suggestions along those lines, although I believe with their current setup they are using Parsec to stream video (and maybe audio?) to everyone. There may be something different for people's webcams, but I'm pretty sure Parsec is used to stream the capture to people, with something like OBS used for switching feeds locally.

janman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 janman  Staff

Hey! So I think I can lend a bit of a hand. We've been using vMix for our recent group streams (Playdates, UPF, Bombcasts, etc), but you're pretty much on the money in terms of handling this all through OBS.

Using vMix and SRT eliminates some of those steps you mentioned up top, BUT if you're only using OBS then I would suggest using Parsec over streaming to Discord to your buddies or other people popping up on the stream. I'm also not a fan of using Discord's video chat, mostly because I've had it wig out on me a couple times so I'd try some type of video conferencing site.

For some early group streams or the "We Talk Over"s we'd use jitsi.org for video chat stuff. It's neat because you can pop out everyone's individual video panels and they're easier to manipulate. Also you can independently change everyone's audio levels which is neat. There's aslo OBS.ninja which we used in its infancy, but I hear great things about where it's gone to.

Hope some of that helps!