Return of Demo Derby?

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

During TheRitual, it seems Dan is planning on bringing back this feature. Any news on when it might actually happen?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

It would be cool if they did bring back demo derby, and I'm sure Dan, Jason, and maybe some fo teh other folks still have their demo discs. I would love it, but it seems like given how they are all in separate rooms that flow of reaction to what is one screen being shared will be slow. Moreover, GB would really need an 'old hand' that remembers those games and can add context while watching or playing - they need Tamoor Hussain or Jeff Grubb in on that show.

I'd love that show back, but I'll believe it when they do it.

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Could anyone shed some light on this? I'm not really a super GiantBomb veteran... 😅

What's Demo derby about? I tried looking it up on the giant bomb subreddit.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could anyone shed some light on this? I'm not really a super GiantBomb veteran... 😅

What's Demo derby about? I tried looking it up on the giant bomb subreddit.

Well, the easiest route would be to just watch an episode from the series, like this one!

TLDR: They go through demo discs that came with gaming magazines for consoles back in the day and play/watch through everything that's on those discs.

Always been one of my favorite series and even if it would lose some of it's magic when done remotely, I would still love for DD to return in some way. I guess they could mail discs around for each staff member (that has an old console or two) so it wouldn't be just the same person playing the demos each time while others watch, but that would probably be too much of a hassle. I guess you probably can't play online through emulators either?

Avatar image for propagandapanda
Propagandapanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet they are trying to figure out how to do it. With remote and demo on older consoles its going to be a bit hard for everyone to play and hand off demos.

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots: Thanks for the reply, I think I get it now.
Although the video you link doesn't show up, I think it needs premium. 😅

ak416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArmoredMachine
MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I remember Dan mentioning Demo Discs in that video too. I would love to see Demo Derby return. Its maybe my favorite premium feature on the site. But I do wonder how they'd do it? Would Dan be the only person playing the demos and other folks like Grubb and Jess react to the demos and the other features on those discs?

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I remember Dan mentioning Demo Discs in that video too. I would love to see Demo Derby return. Its maybe my favorite premium feature on the site. But I do wonder how they'd do it? Would Dan be the only person playing the demos and other folks like Grubb and Jess react to the demos and the other features on those discs?

i mean i would imagine they share the video feed not too differently than how they did the tekken endings in theory