Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Having found a rare instance of a fantastic price, I decided to pick me up a PSVR for my birthday which is in a couple of weeks. I am a literal advent child, yes. Advent man-child at this point, I suppose.. Best not to dwell on it.

That aside, I'd like to pick myself up a few PS VR Titles to go along with the purchase, especially now that Black Friday sales are in full effect around the globe, and I was hoping some duders could point out a few stand out games to me.

So far, I've already decided to get "Moss", "Astro Bot: Rescue Mission" and "Resident Evil 7". I'll naturally be picking up "Superhot" and "Rez Infinite" at some point later down the line, probably along with "The Tetris Effect" and" Zone of The Enders: The Second Runner Mars". (It's an old favourite, what can I say?)

I'm also curious about "The Invisible Hours", "I Expect You to Die" and "Beat Saber". I already played through a lot of regular-ass "Thumper", but I'll definitely be returning to it with the VR mode.

So.. With all that out of the way; did I miss anything? Do any of these games in particular stand out in your opinion? Leemme' know, folks; uncharted territory for yours truly. I'll take any and all genres at this point, though I'm less enthused about driving games and arcade type experiences. Love me some damn horror, though. Cheers.

Quick Edit: While I'm at it; if there are cool things around the corner, don't hesitate to mention those, too.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By glots

That seems like a solid list already. Job Simulator maybe as well? Here They Lie is kinda creepy and might still be part of PS Plus. Persistence is also a spooky one and has a demo up.

I tried Astro Bot’s demo yesterday and am definitely buying it now, especially since it’s on sale.

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

@glots: Is Job Simulator still a good experience even if you've seen a lot of it on websites such as giantbomb.com; oh, excuse me, I meant fuckdanryckert.com?

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Statik is a neat little puzzle game. Really clever implementation of motion controls and VR.

If you have the Move controllers, Superhot VR is amazing, but really short (completed it inside 50 minutes), so don't expect to bring it home to spend the whole day with.

If you can get VR Worlds for dirt cheap, the Ocean Descent and The London Heist segments are worth playing. The London Heist's shooting ranges seem to keep me coming back.

I haven't played it, but Skyrim VR is meant to be pretty sweet with the Move controllers. They patched in smooth movement and turning, so you're not stuck with teleport if that's immersion breaking for you (which it certainly is for me).

To be fair, your list seems pretty solid, already.

truer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I highly recommend WipEout Omega Collection. Even if you don't like racing games it's a must play and is probably the most visually impressive PSVR game there is.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep talking and nobody explodes is pretty fun if you can find someone keen to play it with you.

Moskelosk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you and other have mentioned all the best PSVR games already, but maybe The Persistence and Sprint Vector might be good also (I have not played them).

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm playing through Here They Lie right now, and lemme tell ya... underrated gem right there. It's very much a walking sim with a bit of hide-from-the-monster gameplay, but if you like surreal horror, you've gotta try it.

I always recommend Headmaster as well. Super fun, difficult enough to last a good while, and very funny in that Portal-esque way.

Rush of Blood is generally a favorite in the PSVR community. It was my first VR experience, and it still impresses me when I go back to replay it.

Starblood Arena is great if you like Descent-style pewpews and arena shooters. Get your VR legs first, though, it can be a bit much.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truer: Curious about this one. Everyone seems to say it's a must, but is it just due to being visually impressive? It's hard to imagine VR lending all that much to a 3rd person racing game, but I'm assuming there's something I'm missing.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll second Sprint Vector; it's got really fun, intuitive movement in a Mario Kart-esque race system. Make sure to give it a look on youtube or something.

truer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandude: The VR implementation actually provides a 1st person cockpit view of the game and it really looks incredible. It gives you a sense of speed that cannot be translated over a TV screen, you really need to experience it yourself. Besides, even without VR the Omega Collection is really cheap now, runs in 4K 60fps on PS4 Pro/1080p 60fps on regular and packs a lengthy campaign. Check out some YouTube videos and see yourself!

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Definitely get Wipeout Omega Collection. Even if that particular type of game wouldn't normally be your thing, playing it in VR is truly a thing to experience. Also going to say Polybius and Headmaster.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truer: Okay, only time I ever played WipeOut, it was 3rd person. I think I'm sold on this, haha.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

• RIGs
  • Star Trek Bridge Crew
  • Thumper VR mode is a trip, definitely check that out.
  • Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is amazing with friends.
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Aight, I'm definitely sold on WipeOut if nothing else. I did say that I ain't a fan of racing games in general, but there's been a few exceptions throughout the years. The WipeOut series definitely belong up there, so I'll probably end up loving it.

Thanks for all the input so far, fellas. Found a number of things I wanna' check out so far. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that there are so many darn demos as well; makes me all nostalgic for "better" times. I'll be checking back in on this thread once I get my headset and my fill of the games, I'm getting along with it, for suresies.