Question for all you Hot Hotspot lovers out there

Avatar image for lonelyspacepanda
LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 11

With Beastcast going off-air and Bombcast on haitus, I need to fill that void. I have a backlog of Aftershow (which I love) but I never listened to the latest Hotspot episodes (can't believe that STARTED a year ago now).

I did watch the GOTY retrospective one which was great and the cyberpunk one when that was new, but I'm left wondering how evergreen the show is? Are they talking more about general stuff or is it more focused on weekly releases/news in a way that will now be dated and boring?

Temg99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I actually just started them a few days ago (catching up on nearly a year backlog due to COVID).

I'm only on 370. But so far the early ones are 80+% nostalgia based. The rest current events and game releases.

LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool. I'll definitely check it out then. Thanks!

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hotspot is absolutely one that will hold up for many years after the episodes were produced. Most of the topics of conversation were about the past and man there's some great convos in there. The episode where Jeff talks about his time at school is a favorite of mine.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Did they actually say bombcast is on hiatus? I know videos are but they have advertising deals in place - I expect the bombcast to continue as normal. Unlike the beastcast, they are only one man down.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

The Hotspot has been some of my favorite content of the last year. A lot of it is a nostalgia trip, or just a lot of fun and random conversations with no real focus on a topic. I'm sad to see it go. I know the duders have moved on but I would love if they came back every so often and did a HotSpot here or there.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@alternate: Jeff has confirmed (I believe it was on his Garage stream, or maybe his Tumblr) that there will be a Bombcast on Tuesday.

JAG203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Those garage streams. They ain't bad!

Escobar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lonelyspacepanda: They usually are talking about games of the past and some current news. I enjoyed their perspective on the history of the games industry. Highly recommend listening to them they are fun.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

The HotSpot is primarily nostalgia related topics, guys talking about tech, and occasionally games. Sometimes there is a theme (there was one where they ranked previous GOTY lists), but sometimes it's just them hanging out.

There was a few times where I thought, "Boy, they sure are talking a lot about repos and hard drives lately", but it is overall some good podcasting.

LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banefirelord: Ah sorry, didn't mean to mislead. Jeff said on last Bombcast that they "can't change the wheels while keeping the car driving" and said May will be a slow month for content with some Bombcast -- I assumed that meant not an episode a week. Very cool then! I love Jeff and Danny together lately.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

most of those are not topical. There was one were they just shared high school stories

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The revival Hotspot show was great cause they talked about whatever they wanted. Just friends shooting the shit, with some game stuff. Definitely worth the listen.

NameRedacted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The (new) Hotspot podcasts during lockdown were fantastic, and not to be missed.