Premium Benefits

number3181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sorry if this is the wrong place, I tried to search but the search i'snt working for me. Longtime subscriber and my yearly renewal is coming up. I'm curious what the current benefits are as the page seems outdated and there have been changes. Are there still premium streams? Is there a way to get Game Mess Mornings and Dumptruck without ads? It seems the only benefit now is ad free podcast and streams on the website only. Thanks for the help

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By htr10

@number3181:

I continue to pay for premium because my understanding is that you need to have premium to access the “legacy” premium content from before January 2021. If I’m wrong about this, someone please correct me.

As far as new premium content, it’s pretty thin to the point where I can’t even tell you if any exists.

I continue to pay for premium to “support the team” and watch old stuff I guess.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's very thin, yeah. The new description from the "Get Premium" page is:

• Ad-Free Podcasts
  • Behind the Scenes Access
  • 10% off Merchandise For The Length of Your Subscription
  • Access To Exclusive Merch
  • Access To Premium-Only Discord Channels

So, basically ad-free podcasts, slight discount on merch, more merch options, and a Discord channel. Funny that they don't even mention access to the old premium content, which is the only benefit I actually care about (I'm not interested in the Discord channel, have never bought merch, and ads on podcasts are easy to skip).

IDK, I'd like to support the site, but these days it feels more like a donation rather than giving you any worthwhile benefits. *shrugs*

jstaunton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't recall there being any Premium-exclusive yet? I currently don't have ads on my free podcast feed, i don't recall ever receiving a 10% merch discount while i actually had a Premium membership (this may have changed after i cancelled?) and what behind the scenes access??

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jstaunton: It used to be a $15 credit for the merch shop, but you didn't get that if you signed up during one of the $15 off sales (which essentially applied the credit to your membership.)

The 10% off sounds...much worse unless you're buying over $150 worth of Giant Bomb merch per year.

number3181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistpreacher: Thanks, I just don’t want ads and I’m willing to pay for that. Did the ad free podcast feed link change? GMM and VD have both had ads lately.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did the ad free podcast feed link change? GMM and VD have both had ads lately.

I really couldn't tell you, I've never used the feeds.

Avatar image for perpetualoutput
Perpetualoutput

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want jan with hair as a premium feature. Although no hair jan is great

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perpetualoutput: Agree to disagree on both points. Jan's hair is too glorious to be shaved off willy nilly and I miss it immediately. And his hair should not be behind a paywall, it's a gift to humanity!

(obviously Jan should do whatever he wants with his hair, I just really liked his tall do.)

jstaunton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: ah yes, i typically bought/extended my premium in the sales so that makes sense

Avatar image for perpetualoutput
Perpetualoutput

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Perpetualoutput

@tartyron: you’re right, I didn’t think of how unfair it’d be for the rest of humanity.