Nvidia 3000 Series: Availability

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Hey guys, have any of you heard of any updates on when the Geforce 3000 series cards will be more available? I just need to add a graphics card to my PC build and I'm set, but I want to wait to get the 3070. It's a bummer to have everything but one component for a build and having no idea of when I may be able to get that component. I get that with times as they are, and the demand being so high, it may be a bad idea for Nvidia to make claims of when the cards will be more widely available. But, I'd be curious to know if any of you had heard anything as I haven't.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Gundato

Saw speculation there might be another nvidia drop when the amd cards go live on wednesday (?).

Aside from that: from my, admittedly weak, looks it seems like setting up a few notifications (distill or octoshop but, honestly, nowinstock may be good enough) will do the trick for a 3070 or a 3090. Demand is high but generally it is people demand, not bot demand. See it, click to that site, try to buy it. Probably will take a few tries but should go through within a few rounds of stock releases.

3080 (my drug of choice) is gonna be a while and is still an order seconds kind of deal.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@gundato:

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know. I figured the cards, like the new consoles, would be more available by the start of the new year but nice to know they are still working to meet demand up to that point.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By frytup

There's a spreadsheet out there tracking the status of email notifications sent to people who signed up for the EVGA 3000 series queue. For the 3070, it's now up to 6:09am on Oct 29. The queue opened at 6:00am.

So, yeah. Good luck.

majorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was actually able to get a 3080 when Best Buy dropped some last week. There’s a bot (StockDrops @BotRTX on Twitter) with a discord that I joined and signed up for alerts in. Worked pretty well, only took a couple of different drops for me to get through.

Unfortunately now though I am waiting on a new PSU so I just get to stare at the graphics card in my closet.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Hayt
Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I somehow managed to get my hands on a Palit 3070 from Overclockers UK. Ordered on Friday, arriving today. I did pay slightly over the odds but they are out there.

I had a pre-order on an EVGA card from Scan but was way down the queue and wasn't seeing any movement so that's cancelled now.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not readily available until sometime next year, but they drop some all the time if your on the look out. I think EVGA has a list you can go on to be guaranteed to get in the que(might be another company). Nvidia's founders cards I think are dead for now.

Dareitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drops are fairly regular they just aren't huge and a hit different retailers at different time. I finally secured my 3090 thru EVGA yesterday so I'd say that's your best option if you don't want to be checking retailers every hour.

Things I learned:
Multiple buddies got them thru Best Buy. Use the app not the website, drops tend to be Thursday around 3pm EST but not every Thursday.
EVGA Waitlist works perfectly, you will have less luck going for a traditional 3080 than a more niche card like the FTW3 3090.
CDW is NOT to be trusted.

Avatar image for lobster_johnson
lobster_johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anyone is in the UK, I just managed to place an order for the Founder's Edition 3070 via Scan.

https://www.scan.co.uk/shops/nvidia/founders-3070-t9bl4tyr

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I managed to get mine this week too, after weeks of failed attempts and cancelled orders I managed to find one on sale on my regional newegg site. They seem to put a few on sale a few hours after they drop on the US store. They have been in stock a few times since.

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

They pop up for sale on different pages recently. I (think?) I almost got to purchase a 3080 directly from the Zotac store yesterday evening. I did find that Zotac doesn't have the best track record though... Anyway, welcome to the dystopian future. Maybe look into some inventory tracking sites, or be patient... maybe both.

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I managed to grab a Gigabyte RTX 3070 from CCLonline (UK) whilst waiting in an online queue for ages, arrived yesterday.