Nintendo announces live action Zelda movie

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigsocrates

This seems like it will probably not be good. I hope Chris Pratt plays Link, Zelda, and Gannon.

I do love this announcement though. It's like one of those sweaty brand tweets where someone pretends to have grabbed the official Twitter account to be like "This is Tim from Captain Crunch! I messed up and for a limited time our cereal has double crunch berries. Don't tell the captain." Except it's Miyamoto announcing a hundred million dollar movie.

Hopefully starring three Chris Pratts.

Nocall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Nocall

From the producer of the venom and uncharted movies, and the director of the maze runner trilogy, comes yet another soulless video game adaptation starring whomever our algorithm tells us is the most bankable actor at this very moment.

Projected profit: sleventween kabajillion dollars.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

They did a good goof about it on the Bombcast years ago, but yeah it fucking rips when they lead off a tweet with “This is Miyamoto.”

Maybe it has a different vibe in Japanese, but to my ear it’s like the beginning of a royal decree.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

April Fools!. oh wait..

I hope they have an all-star cast and it turns out good. The new D&D movie is actually a good blueprint to follow.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So - which actor do we think can give the best reading of "Well, excuuuusssse me, Princess?"

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have no interest in video game movies, especially live-action adaptations that replace cool art with boring ass humans. My only hope for this thing is to get another insane cast reveal to have a laugh at, but it's going to be pretty hard to beat watching Dan react to that Mario cast.

So - which actor do we think can give the best reading of "Well, excuuuusssse me, Princess?"

Nic Cage.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So they have a massive success with an animated Mario movie, following a set formula and setting themselves up for nothing but a win with very smart script and design choices, and will now follow that up with a live action version of Zelda from...

... the producer of the venom and uncharted movies and the director of the maze runner trilogy.

OK then.

Link is going to end up being Rami Malek or something.

mafuchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I look forward to Cucco scene

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I’m excited for Kumail Nanjiani as Beedle.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Ben_H
@brian_ said:

Nic Cage.

Nic Cage will be too busy playing Tingle to do that.

Though really, Nintendo played their Jack Black card too early. He would have been the ideal Tingle.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I approve of all the above casting choices and would put forward Steve Buscemi as Link.

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 apewins  Online

I know y'all are joking but I hope they cast someone young and relatively unknown as Link. I don't want to see someone who's pushing 50 as Link even if Hollywood makeup can bridge the gap somewhat. For the Mario movie it didn't matter since it was all animated.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

De-aged Hayden Christensen as Link. Somehow make him look even more cursed than on that Obi-wan show.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Michael Cera, assuming he's not too busy with Halo.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

I would say the guy who is currently starring in the Dune movies, Timothée Chalamet, would be a good choice, but he might be still filming the third film in the trilogy while the Zelda movie is being made.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chamurai  Online

Give John Leguizamo his Nintendo movie redemption.