Long time no speak - TV size question

TheIdleCritic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello old friends,

I hope you're all well. It's been quite some time since I've engaged in the forums, but I have a life or death, very important, time sensitive question -

Do you think 65" is too big for gaming?

I've just ordered a 55" TCL C825. TCL are VERY hit and miss with their products. Normally more miss, however I think this is the best set they've ever made. Now... I just got a call from the store and they said they no longer have stock of the 55". They do have the 65" for $100 more - last one apparently as TCL have discontinued this line.

The thing is... Is 65" too big? I don't have the biggest flat. And while I'm lucky to be able to be sat back about 1.5 metres from screen I don't want to have to be straining to take in the full picture and having to move my head to look at radars and objectives, etc.

What do you guys think? Should I cancel my order and look for another 55"?

Thanks.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I usually sit about 2 meters away from my 55" TV and sometimes wish I'd gone for a 65". Two years ago when I got my LG OLED the price bump up to a 65" was a 700 euro increase so it didn't fit my budget back then.

I'd recommend going for the 65", especially if you watch movies at any sort of regularity.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sit about 1.5-2m from a 65" TV and it's not so big as to be impractical. It is pretty massive and a pain in the arse to move but actually gaming or watching on it is fine imo.

RagTagBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there any size that's too big for gaming?

I also strongly disagree that TCLs are hit and miss. They're not the best TVs out there, but they're by far the best value option.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i think it depends on where your sitting. i have a 55inch in the bedroom n while i wish it was a tad smaller ( got it for the hdmi ports) i think its just fine . in the livingroom we have the same model tv n i find its both too small and too big at the same time . i'm nearsighted n even with glasses aspects of it feel too small but i'm so far away i feel like theres too much room to look at it if that makes sense? .. that said i can't picture having an even bigger tv in the bedroom 2 arms lngth from where i sit.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I usually sit about six feet or so from a 55" TV in my living room and I can't imagine going any bigger in there. More and it would be too big for the room.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm like 10 feet away and 55" is perfect.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

I'm a meter and change away from my 32" screen. If it was much larger, I'd need to rotate my head to see all the parts of the screen which seems weird, so I think 55" in a small space should be plenty

tjdmhem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think the screen size is something to dwell upon too much, it's about the quality of shades that matter. Such as OLED screens are good at providing dark colours, but I've read some people which say it can be a bit much. If you travel to a store, you won't have the best lighting there to make a judgement, so check if you can get a replacement/refund I guess

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

How do you WANT your room setup? From there choose teh TV sized based on where you will realistically sit.

It is all about where you sit, or can sit in the room.

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think these are all good points. You might also need to consider cables (not all HDMI/USB cables are equal, for example) and where you want to place your controller recharge thing. The more space your TV uses, the less space you have for that. I only have one room, but I have another charging point upstairs which is convenient.

HeelBill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went 77". No regrets. Sit about 9-10 feet away.

psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I got a 50 inch TV and before that had a 42 inch TV that recently gave out. I honestly wouldn't get a 60 inch TV cause of needing a bigger entertainment center.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still on a 12 year-old 32". I won't replace it until it breaks. Probably.