Keyboards with Bakalar

Hideyourcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have been getting into keyboards more after listening to Bakalar talk about them on the Bombcast for the last few months. I have watched a couple of his streams on the building them and the most recent UPF had him going over a num pad. I would love to see more of this on the site kind of like a building with brad but Jeff's own spin.

I know its something Bakalar really likes and would be something new and interesting for the site.

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would 100% watch Jeff B build a custom keyboard for Jeff G

jerame2999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

camitalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@jerame2999: if you don't have experience with small keyboards I suggest going with a 65% over a 60. The dedicated arrow keys are nicer to have and still save space over a full sized (or even 75%)

As someone who dipped their toe into that world about 8 months ago, I agree, it's a side that isn't super represented in games coverage alot and is super interesting

MrGreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guy knows a lot about a lot of tech. Just like Jan can talk about pokemon for hours and I would listen even though I have no interest in it at all. With Jeff if he were to go on about keyboard specifics for like a good hour I so would be into it. I just enjoy listening to people who are passoinate about a thing they love.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Bakspace.

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeffy Bak's Pro Boarder

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

This is like Vinnys racing wheel dilemma

jerame2999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@camitalo: Thanks for the tip. Yeah I have been on a few subreddits now and I think that a 65 is a better way to go.

jerame2999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@camitalo: So after a fair amount of research (AKA YouTube) I have decided on buying a keyboard and maybe switching out keycaps or switches later. The winner is

Ducky One 2 Bon Voyage TKL Double Shot PBT Mechanical Keyboard

Thoughts?

camitalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By camitalo

@jerame2999: I don't have a ton of experience but I looked at Ducky boards aswell. They look pretty good.

If you haven't used a mechanical keyboard before I recommend a tactile switch (Cherry MX Browns), its what Backalar uses (I think he said he uses Kailhs(different brand essentially), but still a tactile switch), its what he suggested for Jeff, and I'm not sure if he is still using it but Rories G710+, which I had before switching. They are a good middle between the linear and clicky switches.

Xolotl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@camitalo: I thought bakalar was a zealio super fan?

A Ducky is a fantastic board to start on.

1uokeyboards also sells a great 60% hot swappable PCB that works with basically any 60% case. It's $40-$60 USD.

I highly recommend that to folks just taking the plunge into keybs.

camitalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xolotl: that's possible, I was probably misremembering from the Friday stream when he talked about it.