Jan Ochoa is a guest on this week's DLC Podcast

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Local Kingdom Hearts expert and live video editor extraordinaire Jan Ochoa was a guest on this week's DLC podcast! I'm gonna give a listen and support Jan!

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MeierTheRed

Yeah was a nice little surprise when i saw his name in the title earlier today.

Jeff and Christian welcome Jan Ochoa from Giantbomb to the show this week to discuss Sony's latest State of Play, Metro Exodus getting a ray-tracing only version, a new game from the guy who brought us Red Faction Guerilla, and more!

The Playlist: New Pokemon Snap, Nier Replicant, Double Dragon, Wonderbox, Returnal

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By TepidShark

Jeff Cannata seems like he's doing better. He wasn't on the Slashfilmcast last week (the Mortal Kombat episode) because his daughter had been diagnosed with a rare disease.

ahab88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@tepidshark: shiiiiiiiit. I haven't listened to DLC in a while. I saw him reference having a shit day on Twitter at some point, but didn't know the context.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

What is the DLC podcast about in a nutshell?

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@humanity: It's a gaming podcast by Jeff Cannata and Christian Spicer. Every week they briefly talk about the biggest stories of the week in games, talk about the games they're playing (longest segment), and occasionally they talk about VR games and table games, both of which Jeff Cannata is a huge fan of. They have a new guest every week. Jeff Gerstmann, Dan Ryckert, and Abby Russell have also been guests previously.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Jeff Cannata seems like he's doing better. He wasn't on the Slashfilmcast last week (the Mortal Kombat episode) because his daughter had been diagnosed with a rare disease.

I also remember when he had eye surgery to prevent him from becoming blind. Best wishes to him and his family.

Fluidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@humanity: Jeff Cannata is an OG games personality and a video podcast pioneer. He was part of Revision3, which basically invented video podcasts.

In the 90s, there was a cable television station called Tech Tv which eventually became G4. The flagship show of the network was called The Screensavers. A notable host of the show was a guy named Jevin Rose. Rose hosted the show on G4, for a while, alongside a guy named Alex Albrecht. Rose left The Screensavers to start a site called Digg.com where he basically invented the concept of a “like” button and made a fortune. He also sorted an internet media company called Revision 3 and a flagship show called Diggnation, hosted by himself and Alex Albrecht.

Alex Albrecht made a second show on Revision 3 called The Totally Rad Show that reviewed movies, games and comics. The cohosts of this show were Jeff Cannata and Dan Trachtenberg.

While hosting TRS, Dan made a Portal short Film which landed him a job directing 10 Cloverfield Lane and The Boys. He was going to direct Uncharted before that got re-developed. Because of Dans directing duties, The Totally Rad Show ended. Jeff then went on to cohost the Weekend Confirmed gaming podcast.

Now he hosts the DLC podcast and a Dumgeons And Dragons podcast.

As Far as I know he has only been on Giantbomb once, for the midnight e3 show. His contribution was overshadowed by Greg Kindafunny Whatshisface being drunk and taking his shirt off.

Jeff’s main claims to fame as a reviewer are positivity and eloquence. He’s a very smart guy who likes to talk about things precisely. He’s also a trained actor and has experience in communication.