I've been collecting videos of NPCs stuck in animations of tasks they will never complete, and I need your help!

jazzylament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jazzylament

I've been a game developer for just over 10 years now, and yet I'm still always surprised and amused by NPCs which are caught in animations of Sisyphean-like tasks that they will never complete... SisypheaNPCs if you will!

I wanted to start documenting these for other people to enjoy, so I start amassing a large folder filled with captures I collected using the playstation and xbox share features, and recently began posting them to my SispheaNPC accounts on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/@SisypheaNPC) and the platform formerly known as Twitter (https://twitter.com/SisypheaNPC)

However! I do have plenty of gaps in what I have captured, and so I'd humbly like to request your help, good people of Giant Bomb, in collecting more SisypheaNPCs! If you'd be so kind as to help me in this, it's own sort of Sisyphean effort, I'd happily credit you in the videos I upload.

You can send them to me here in my inbox through google drive links, or use my email sisypheaNPC@gmail.com if you'd like to send a direct file. MP4 is preferred, but I can work around it if not. Please also include the name and social links you'd like me to share to properly credit you!

For the videos, I need a mostly still footage of the full looping animation, preferably looping at least two times, and catching all the variations if there are any. Try to have minimal UI present and a first person perspective or "photo mode" if possible.

Footage can be in any platform so long as it shows an NPC or a group of NPCs performing a task that will never ever get finished. This then does not include NPCs that are in an animation loop, but will visibly complete if the player interacts with them in some way. You can check out the channel for examples!

My personal hitlist for NPCs I'd love to get:

• Any from the 3D Zelda games
  • There are these two NPCs in the first Life is Strange near the end of the game by a school pool that are repeatedly hitting each other in the head with a pool noodle, I'd love to get good footage of this
  • Alan Wake 2 has a few interesting ones that I never captured because I was too enthralled with the game
  • Call of Duty has a TON of these in the non-combat spaces that I've probably missed
  • Ubisoft games are LITTERED with these all over their open world, I'd love to get more of them
  • Any that may be in long RPGs or JRPGs since I don't tend to replay those (Persona, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, etc)

Thanks so much for those of you that decide to help, and for those who decide even just to follow and share the fun with others! Much love <3

Also yes, I do realize this literally sounds like I just gave you a Yakuza/Like a Dragon side quest...

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Sent a few. Hoping to submit a few I specifically remember from Deus Ex Human Revolution (subway dancer and cops battering down a door)

jazzylament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wow! Thanks for all the great responses!

I've already received two videos to the email account, 1 for Talos Principle 2, and the other for the Life is Strange pool noodle incident! So happy I finally got that.

If you've already sent in others, I haven't seen them yet, so let me know if so. Might be an issue with the email.

Also! Another thing to mention, game audio is okay, and preferable, especially if there is also an audio loop that I can blend to make the video loop seamlessly.

Thanks again!

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By tartyron

Assassin's Creed 3 is a goldmine for the little town you build and all the carpenters sawing wood and farmers hoeing the land, all accomplishing nothing.

There is also the original Assassin's Creed Guard humping wall glitch, but that was filmed with a phone on a tv screen, it's a no the intended animation, and it's raunchiness may not be in the spirit of the project, but here is link anyways. Recommend just seconds 15-30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q07tonhZre0&t=30s