I'm looking for a game that was featured on one of the unprofessional friday features or old games segments

Optisynapsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

From what I can remember, it was either a genesis game or early 32-bit console game, but could be anything really.

It featured a pretty crudely rendered space station, navigated from a human first person perspective, the map seemingly algorithmically generated and mainly consisting of corridors with doors with numbers and letters, which would sometimes have an NPC in them you could talk to with a dialog tree. The goal of the game was obscure but the crew had a hard time navigating and I think it has something to do with getting to the engine room in the video.

I also remember it being either published or developed by psygnosis, but after extensive searching I'm at a loss.

Any idea which game this might be, bonus points of somebody can find the feature it was included in?

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

paulwgraham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By paulwgraham

@brian_: Damn beat me by a minute. The key for me was googling "space station game psygnosis"

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@paulwgraham: The Choose Our Own Adventure video has been etched into my brain forever on account of every character in that game's face being a complete nightmare.

paulwgraham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brian_: Weirdly, I had seen the video but completely forgotten about it until I found it on the wiki page. I guess my brain purged it in self defense.

Optisynapsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, genuinely thought this'd be a difficult one! I even looked through the entire history of releases from Psygnosis on wikipedia and got reminded of a bunch of cool games like wiz and liz, but must have missed this one lol. Thanks all!