Here's Every Reveal Teaser & Game Trailer From The 2023 Game Awards! What Are You Excited About?

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

As is usually the case, a large bevy of game trailers and world premiers graced the 2023 Game Awards. Here's every single game trailer I could find from the event!

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Remake

Release Date: Feb. 28, 2024

Pony Island 2: Panda Circus

Release Date: 2025

The Rise of the Golden Idol

Release Date: 2024

Usual June

Arknights: Endfield

Release Date: TBA

Harmonium The Musical

Windblown

Thrasher

Persona 3 Reload

Release Date: February 2, 2024

World of Goo 2

Metaphor: ReFantazio

Release Date: Fall 2024

Exodus

God of War Ragnarok: Valhalla (Free DLC)

Release Date: December 12, 2023 (For PlayStation; PC date unknown or if it will ever release there)

Big Walk

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II

Kemuri

No Rest for the Wicked

Jet Set Radio, Golden Axe, Crazy Taxi, and Shinobi Remakes/Reboots

Release Date: Various/TBA

Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero

The Casting of Frank Stone

Visions of Mana

Rise of the Rōnin

Release Date: March 22, 2024 (PlayStation)

OD

Jurassic Park Survival

Rocket Racing (Rocket League Variant/Mode in Fortnite)

Release Date: OUT NOW!

Black Myth: Wu Kong

Release Date: August 20, 2024

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Release Date: February 2, 2024

Warframe: Whispers in the Walls (Update for Warframe)

Release Date: December 13, 2023

Ready or Not

Release Date: December 13, 2023

Tales of Kenzera Zau

Release Date: April 23, 2024

Lost Records: Bloom & Rage

The First Berserker: Khazan

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Theme Song Debut)

Release Date: February 29, 2024

Some Weird Apex Legends and Final Fantasy 7 Collab Event/Thing

Release Date: January 9th, 2024

Skull & Bones

Release Date: February 16, 2024

Blade

Last Sentinel

The First Descendant

Release Date: Summer 2024

Zenless Zone Zero

Mecha Break

Den of Wolves

Exoborne

Asgard's Wrath 2

Release Date: December 15, 2023

Light No Fire

Stormgate

Final Fantasy 16: Echoes of the Fallen (Final Fantasy XVI Expansion Pack)

Release Date: OUT NOW!

The Finals

Release Date: December 7, 2023

Monster Hunter Wilds

Of these, I am always happy to see a new entry in the Mana franchise and Visions of Mana looks pretty cool. Arkane Studios/Lyon is a perfect fit to make a game based on Blade and judging from the trailer, it seems like it will have a stylized comic-esque art style similar to Deathloop. I want to say that I appreciate more news about Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, but the trailer at the Game Awards was less a trailer and more a "Debut" of the game's theme song which is a first for me. Persona 3 Reload is still something I'm optimistic about considering the game's new visual update continues to look great, but my overall enjoyment will continue to boil down to what quality of life improvements come to Tartarus. Finally, the Pony Island 2 trailer was the biggest surprise of the event, and I'm excited.

For me, the big takeaway is that mainstream gaming culture has changed. Monster Hunter was the big reveal at the Game Awards. Remember when people looked at you funny when you made that claw hand to play it on a PSP? People are talking about Persona 3 and it seems like it is okay to talk about anime games in public!

The 2023 Game Awards put big Honkai anime booba on the screen and we all just rolled with it. Also, the weirdos that started off by making Divine Divinity and Ego Draconics are winning GOTY awards!

What a time to be alive. Sicko games are mainstream.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Unusual June and Lost Records are where the bulk of my interests lie. I've never been interested in Arkane's stuff, but a good Blade game would be cool. Tales of Kenzera seems like it could be cool too. Metaphor feels like something I'm more obligated to play than something I feel actually excited for. Kemuri was barely a trailer for anything but it sure was stylish and I'm way more into that than Kojima's barely a trailer for anything.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm actually looking forward to Windblown and Big Walk.

Also, name 10 remakes better than Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Remake.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AtheistPreacher

@zombiepie FWIW you've got the Rocket Racing trailer in there twice, the first time where the Jurassic Park Survivor trailer should be.

I'm definitely excited for P3 Reload and have already pre-ordered it. After reading your blogs, I'm more aware of just how much I've forgotten since playing FES and P3P more than a decade ago, and am looking forward to dipping back into that world.

In contrast, I'm not sure if "excited" is the right adjective for my feelings about the new MH game. I mean, on the one hand I'm a little surprised it took them this long to announce it considering how successful World was, and I've put hundreds of hours into every NA release except the very first game and consider myself a series devotee, but Rise enlarged on a trend from World that really, really rubbed me the wrong way: adding arbitrary "rank meters" (especially "Anomaly Research Level") to gate progress in a game that is already very grindy at its core. This may be "old man yells at cloud," but it used to be that nothing gated progress other than a few key quests and your own equipment and skill. Now players are forced to grind for dozens of hours at endgame just to earn the right to start getting the new stuff they want. I'm sure some marketing executive over at Capcom thinks this boosts engagement, when in reality it just makes me not want to play their game. I really hope they cut that shit out or at least tone it down significantly.

Lastly, I'm interested to see what the Valhalla expansion for GoWR is all about in a few days, but I'm not sure that a roguelite mode is really what I'm looking for in that game. I really love GoWR, but the Muspelheim trials were my least favorite bit, divorced as they were from the world exploration and narrative, and if Valhalla is just more like that, I'm not sure I'll be playing it very long. We'll see.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#5 ZombiePie  Staff
Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepie: BTW thanks for doing this. I did not have the patience to actually watch TGA, so this was a nice way to catch up on announcements (likewise the award winners thread).

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's be real, nothing comes close to touching World of Goo 2.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think... i'm going to need a rain check.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interested in Exodus and hoping Rise Of The Ronin & Black Myth: Wukong are not Souls/Sekiro likes.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Big Walk, Senua, OD, Blade and new Jet Set Radio got me excited.

Manburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Manburger

@creepingdeath0:Let's GOOooo! I wondered if 2023 could be rivaled in terms of wonderful games: seems like next year's already there.

Quite intrigued by a Pony Island sequel, I'm down to clown with whatever shenanigans Mullins cook up.

I was initially severely stoked by THRASHER, spiritual sequel to rythm-violence classic THUMPER, but then realised it was in VR — but just now I read: "We plan to release the VR version next year, with flatscreen versions to follow sometime after" and thus I am a bit enthused again. Though the flat version will invitably be a lesser experience. Need to get a VR headset at some point. (i mean i haven't even played HL: Alyx what am i doing with my life??)

Will certainly be playing Hellblade II when it hits Game Pass. Dig the raw, oppressive atmosphere.

What a time to be alive.Sicko games are mainstream.

Hell yeah! Never been a better time to be a pervert!

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lab392

I'm most excited for the stuff Sega announced. It's the kind of thing I wish Konami and other legacy companies were doing.

We've seen a lot of indie developers pay "tribute" to old franchises by making their own games inspired by them. These developers are very successful in some cases. If you're a legacy company like Sega, Konami, or Namco, why not update your own old franchises with relatively small, less-expensive projects?