Gamestop and p3oples h8tred t0ward 1t

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Organicalistic_

s0rry 4 the numbers making fun of f3Ar, which I dont get why people hate it either,

Why does every other page on this site promote no shopping at gamestop, I am not an employee there, nor do I really care about them besides some of their preorder deals, so whats wit all da hatin'?

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Akeldama

Would you like to preorder that? 

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Yukoei

Shopping from there has its benefits like the 7-day trial but the employees are most of the time idiots who know nothing about games.

The store is fine but its mostly the people who work there.

Can you believe when I asked for Uncharted 2 last year they asked me what console? Are you kidding me?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

we always need a corporation to call the devil is gamestop is IT

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By jkz
@Akeldama said:
" Would you like to preorder that?  "
No...no I would not. 

You know what I would love though? An EDGE card with a free subscription to Game Informer!
raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By raviolisumo

A Gamestop employee said  to a customer in front of me: "Don't buy a PS3, the online is free THEREFORE it's not as good." 

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yukoei
@Wes899 said:
" A Gamestop employee said  to a customer in front of me: "Don't buy a PS3, the online is free THEREFORE it's not as good."  "

=(
Neon941

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By Neon941
@Wes899 said:
" A Gamestop employee said  to a customer in front of me: "Don't buy a PS3, the online is free THEREFORE it's not as good."  "
lolness. Usually actually the employees at my local Gamestop are okay, they don't bother me too much since they know I don't need any help with anything. I do find that I know infinitely more about games though and that they often try to shamelessly promote things I'm not remotely interested in.

If I have any hatred towards Gamestop it's for their trade in values, it's just outright robbery.
raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By raviolisumo
@Neon941:  To be fair, every one else at that store is generally pretty good about that kinda stuff. 

@Yukoei: I was about to butt in (The customer was asking whether or not to get a PS3 or a 360), but then I realized I didn't want to be THAT guy. I made a confused face when the guy made the money=quality comparison. 
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Claude

I love it when Ashley calls me. Screw the haters. Fuckin' fuck it.

thePAHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thePAHC
@Neon941 said:
" @Wes899 said:
lolness. Usually actually the employees at my local Gamestop are okay, they don't bother me too much since they know I don't need any help with anything. I do find that I know infinitely more about games though and that they often try to shamelessly promote things I'm not remotely interested in.  If I have any hatred towards Gamestop it's for their trade in values, it's just outright robbery. "
Yeah, but they're really smart for stealing your games and selling them at 3x the price. Also, I find I actually enjoy going to the gamestops near me because even though most of the people look all gothy and stuff, they're actually really friendly, and know games pretty well. "No, I didn't buy Final Fantasy 12. It's an MMO. If it's not wow, it's crap." In my mind I was like, "somebody else knows?" They also told me of a place where I could buy the original Chrono Trigger for SNES when I bought it for DS. Just varies by location.
OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Haters gonna hate.  Gamestop is OK if you don't go there regularly.  Whenever I need a game faster than having to wait for shipping then I go there.

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aetos

They talked my cousin out of buying the first Jak & Daxter game because the employee said it was a kids game cause there are no guns in it.  
5 min into playing Jak 2 my cousin had no clue what was going on and kept asking me to explain everything.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shirogane
@thePAHC said:
" @Neon941 said:
" @Wes899 said:
lolness. Usually actually the employees at my local Gamestop are okay, they don't bother me too much since they know I don't need any help with anything. I do find that I know infinitely more about games though and that they often try to shamelessly promote things I'm not remotely interested in.  If I have any hatred towards Gamestop it's for their trade in values, it's just outright robbery. "
Yeah, but they're really smart for stealing your games and selling them at 3x the price. Also, I find I actually enjoy going to the gamestops near me because even though most of the people look all gothy and stuff, they're actually really friendly, and know games pretty well. "No, I didn't buy Final Fantasy 12. It's an MMO. If it's not wow, it's crap." In my mind I was like, "somebody else knows?" They also told me of a place where I could buy the original Chrono Trigger for SNES when I bought it for DS. Just varies by location. "

FF12? i think you mean 11... 

Closest thing to gamestop in Aus is EB. Which in the US belongs to gamestop. 
I tend to order stuff from them. The online is quite nice too, good deals sometimes, and last time i got Yakuza 3 2 days before it was released. 
Only major thing is tradein prices and their prices are higher than other places. At least they price match.
Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Chyro

I could care less about the way they offer memberships.  I don't like the way they run their operations.  They make huge amounts of money in this used game scheme.  And they don't put shit back into their business.  Untrained employees.  This "we only carry a certain amount of new games"  When I can walk across the street to Best Buy or any other brick and mortar store and find it easily.  Hey imagine that, when a hyped game releases.  A ton of people are going to want it.    Their trade in prices are ridiculous too.  I understand that they need to make a profit.  But trying to buy a 2 week old game from me for $15 and then reselling it for $55 is complete horse shit.  The only nice thing about Gamestop or EB is you can sometimes find some gems there for cheap.  

I just buy all my games online now.  STEAM, Amazon, Goozex and Gamefly(Their rent to buy system is pretty nice actually) is the way to go for me.

Edit:  Also,  I don't know if it is just me.  But here in MN the Gamestops are always tiny.  They pack in the games you barely have enough room to walk around.  With those $5 game and controller carts AND the shelves I can barely turn around without walking into something or someone.

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pwnasaurus

HEY IF YOU PRE ORDER THIS WE WILL GIVE YOU A BORING MISSION AND A GUN DO IT PRE ORDER CMON HAVE YOU DONE IT YET? OH AND POWER TO THE PLAYERS
bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By bravetoaster
@Wes899 said:

Those guys are retards
Vermy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Vermy81

My experience with them was pretty miserable. 

Pushy sales people, poor stock of games new, terrible selection of PC games, prioritizing used copies over new but only discounting them by $5.   It became very clear that just going to amazon was the way to go till i moved out here to Korea.  

The retail situation out here is so much better.  I can literally buy just about any game I want on any platform brand new at like one of a dozen different outlets.   Even the PC stuff here is pretty awesome.  Pretty much everything i don't like about buying games at Gamestop is the opposite.  Helpful and polite staff even in their second language, huge selection,  if something is used it's discounted quite a bit (like 15 dollars off or so) 

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Brians

Numbers are stupid when you can spell correctly.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By mike

There are plenty of Gamestop threads, try finding one of them and continuing there if you must.