Future Series Ideas

lase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, while I gave my $0.02 on the Giant Bomb Survey, I had a few more thoughts I wanted to add in case anyone from the Staff is ever in here.

I realized that the large majority of the content that I've really enjoyed have had some "stateful" element - during the video members of the crew will make decisions or otherwise influence the state of the game (or metagame, in the case of Steal My Sunshine or Burgle My Bananas) for the rest of the episodes. Some other examples include 13 Deadly Sims, Project BEAST, Astroneering, and Minecraft streams. Full game playthroughs, while nice and reliable (looking forward to more Run For The Hills), don't tend to hook me in the same way.

I know I'm sorta splitting hairs here, since all game playthroughs are technically stateful, but just wanted to give my explanation a shot.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think most people just want some quality, well edited content rather than a half an hour half arsed livestream

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sombre said:

I think most people just want some quality, well edited content rather than a half an hour half arsed livestream

not sure about most others but myself personally yes. i don't hate livestreams but i've only found those good in recent years when you ya know...catch them live. a pre-recorded video is a different vibe n thats honestly something i miss. honestly all i want from my premium is good longform playthroughs of games like the op mentioned. i was curious when i heard they were doing that silent hill thing via forms then them saying it was a livestream on the bombcast i'll admit i was bummed, i mean i'm not into horror so it was kinda ehh to begin with but least they were/are doing something adjacent to what i was looking for from the site for once since danny's borne to run aside the last time we had something was going rogue and its been how many months since then and even those were super short ( obviously with reason tho)

Paul-DB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More content like Run for the Hills is what I sub for -two or three of them long-playing a game. I've not watched any of the livestreams in months...

GxC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I liked the one off content they've done in the past. Like the Worst of the 80's and 90's music. I feel like situations like those give the crew good opportunities to riff off each other and have some fun with some not always video game related content.

Spliffmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see Ranking of Fighters return with different guests. Maybe people from the fgc and other youtubers/streamers that play fighting games.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ThePanzini  Online

I've always found the edited content very hit & miss not only does it seem very time consuming to create, but if your not into the series then weeks of stuff your missing out on its also never a given they'll finish anyway.

Nextlander is a much better structure daily 2-4 hour streams with the vods uploaded to YouTube.