Franchise Battle: Frozen VS Fast & Furious?

bitbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Franchise Battle: Frozen VS Fast & Furious? (45 votes)

Frozen is better! 47%
Fast & Furious is better! 53%

During the latest UPF, Jeff spoke briefly about how he thought Frozen 2 is a terrible movie, a movie that I really enjoyed.

Having listened/watched/read Jeff’s stuff for a very long time now, it is no surprise to me that here is yet another moment where our tastes differ. Kinda like when he mentions his affection for the Fast & Furious series, movies that do not click with me at all.

This has led me to the only mature course of action. To decide, once and for all, what’s better: Frozen or Fast & Furious?

I have pitted the two franchises as a whole against each other. The reason is that while I know which Frozen movie I would put up as the best one, for Fast & Furious I don’t know which one is the fan favourite. If you would like to let everyone know which one is the best one go ahead.

Thank you for participating in this scientific study!

(by the way, I hope this doesn’t come off the wrong way, I love everything Jeff does and will support him till the end of time)

• 
judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy both to some degree, but Frozen is a legitimately good kids movie, and FatF is just big, dumb spectacle. Disney wins this matchup.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Frozen is really good, Frozen 2 is slightly less so but still good!

But this match up is lopsided simply because one franchise is so much more extensive than the other. Assuming a person enjoys both, you're talking about 2 very good movies against 9 movies, of which there are 4-7 very good ones depending on your tastes. Fast & Furious as a franchise is clearly better.

That's just math!

Bring on the Fast & Frozen crossover movie!

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of hate both. I never got the Fast and Furious thing, and while I liked Frozen and Frozen 2 when I saw them, as a teacher of young students in Korea, I would rather be forced to watch any Fast movie with a gun to my head than ever hear any Frozen song ever ever ever ever ever again.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

God it would be hilarious if Frozen beat F&F on this website of all places

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed the Fast series but Frozen is a solid good movie to watch with the kids and yes, to sing along to.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By regularassmilk

Seems unbelievable that this is a close race but I guess it speaks to the relative lack of quality in the series since FF7, which as times goes on just feels like a bright spot and F5 feels like "the last one" to me. These movies have never been smart but I think they were at their best with real seeming people in real seeming cars at the forefront. They've raised the stakes in the series so much that I feel no real connection to the stunts as they happen anymore. I have some speckle of appreciation for the cars jumping between buildings in Dubai but ultimately it feels weightless and worthless, like the ridiculous Tarzan-as-car stunts in the most recent one. Dom's Charger getting hit by the train at the end of FF1 is way more exciting than where they've gone lately with these ridiculous green screen stunts. Fast & Furious should be putting exciting car stuff first, and I'm talking about rubber meeting the road, not shooting a car into space or something. These movies don't have to be small but since F5 they've mostly morphed into Mission Impossible for dumbasses. At the end of the day though, I'm still a big Tokyo Drift head.

Tokyo Drift = FF > F5 > F2 > F7 > F4 > the rest

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Fast & Furious, because Frozen ain't shit compared to Tangled.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is an apple to orange question and which one do I prefer? I'd say Fast & Furious!

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Frozen absolutely is the better single movie but as a franchise, Fast takes it... Frozen 2 is kinda ass imo.

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frozen is a better movie than any F&F movie, and I'm not even a massive fan of it. I had a decent time listening to the Film and 40s versions of the F&F franchise but can't imagine watching any of those movies on their own.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By GTxForza

Okay everyone, to be fair, it depends on what type of theme and setting you to prefer.

Say if you prefer musical fantasy in fiction, then you will definitely prefer the Frozen franchise, or if you prefer street racing and car adventure then go the Fast & Furious franchise.

Edit: It's also has nothing to do with both of their respective copyright holders too, meanwhile Ford v Ferrari is still my true favorite movie of all time.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By AV_Gamer

As a single movie, I think Frozen is better than the original Fast & Furious. But as a franchise or sequel Fast beats Frozen. I haven't even watched Frozen 2 yet, but I could tell just by the promotion of it during the time it was in theaters that is was an inferior movie to the original. Whereas, there are quite a few Fast sequels that surpassed the original film. I actually plan on watching Frozen 2 during the New Years weekend tho.

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By lapsariangiraff

Check out this hot take -- I think as beloved as Frozen and Frozen 2 are, they have less functional scripts than the best of the Fast and Furious (I'm thinking Tokyo Drift, Fast Five specifically.) They're big dumb popcorn movies, but big dumb popcorn movies are really hard to write that well.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode: Yes. Is that confusing somehow? There are clear setups, payoffs, and character motivations. Frozen 2 by comparison is a mess, lol

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lapsariangiraff: Sure for the second one I guess that is a mess, but a lot of Fast and Furious movies are also a mess so it just seemed odd to me to act like that franchise is more functional?

Also, I still think even the good ones are a mess.

lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode: So, this is all made a bit fuzzier by the existence of F8 and F9, which are very messy, but I think the era from Tokyo Drift -> 7 was *exceptionally* good at tracking each character’s state and their relationships — this is part of why 8 dropping the ball by making Jason Statham part of the cast with little mention of Han’s death was such a curveballl, because the series was usually very good at doing right by the characters and their emotions. And I’m not being sarcastic! Han’s arc from Tokyo Drift to 6 (chronologically 5 6 3) works so well — it’s not Shakespeare, but they earn every one of their character beats. It sounds stupid simple, but a lot of movies don’t even do that.

And on that note, an important clarification I think people get stuck on when discussing these movies — me calling them functional doesn’t preclude them being *stupid as hell*. They are both goofy in their action and events, and functional from a pure writing and dramatic perspective. Within its crazy world, the characters are consistent.