First round of GB shows announced

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#1 FinalDasa  Moderator

If you weren't listening to the Bombcast then you might've missed the three new shows coming to GB pretty soon.

First up is Grubbsnax will be going live every Thursday on GB to run down some of the week's biggest news stories with an emphasis on how the developers, publishers, and everyone else makes their decisions.

Next up are two shows from Danny. Danny and Tamoor will be teaming up on Borne to Run where Danny will by playing through the many Souls games as Tamoor coaches and teaches along the way. It'll be an edited-down run through so we won't know just how many times Danny dies to some horrid boss monster.

Finally, Danny will also be bringing his brand of game history coverage to the site as each member of GB, and eventually, the GB extended family, give Danny a game to dive deep into. Danny mentioned he wanted to get into games not as many people talk about, but the staff is passionate about.

This stuff starts this week and next so be on the lookout for it.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Right, Jeff Grub. I thought this was going to be a Bugsnax feature (so well done, naming this one).

Anyway, sounds good. Excited to see how the show's will turn out.

fugoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Interesting, pretty much a wait and see how they turn out, but interesting ideas nonetheless

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

This sounds like a great start. Can't wait!

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Can't wait for Danny's 12 part documentary series on Mr. Do.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FinalDasa  Moderator
noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that Borne to Run is edited has me more excited than if it were a live show. I'd watch either way because I love the duo, but I'm also glad they won't have to deal with chat.

(No offense to chat)

permanentsigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for the insufferable comment section for the soulsborne videos. It'll be Metal Gear Scanlon all over again.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The Jeff show seems like a cool fit and Danny playing other games can be fun.

My reaction to the Borne stuff is "oh... another Souls playthrough on the internet?" But if it's edited and not Danny fighting the same boss for multiple episodes, it could be interesting. I'll check it out but doesn't seem too exciting, to be honest, as I expected something more creative.

Granted, I just watched Game Informer do a Super Replay of Bloodborne and they just started Sekiro so I got my fix there. And those shows were fun so this one could be, too.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FinalDasa  Moderator

You can read and comment all about these shows right here.