Snake Plissken

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Liquid will always be my favourite, everything from the ridiculously over the top theatrics in MGS to the grimmer revolutionary Lord of the Flies child soldier in MGSV. I do, however, really appreciate how much of a goofball Naked Snake is. Yeah, Solid Snake jokes but its usually cynical sarcastic jokes as opposed to Naked Snake just being a real tool.

Strathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

MGS4 Solid Snake smoking into the extractor fan in the Nomad plane.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Revolver Ocelot.

vdortizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Where is Snakeface - Jeff Bakalar??

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Naked Snake no contest. He's the only really charming one in my book! It also falls kind of naturally in with 3 being my favorite out of the series as well. Doesn't hurt either that the story with him and the Boss adds a lot more character than the less personal plots of the other games.

@bollard said:

Revolver Ocelot.

Ooops I change my answer. This is the real right one.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

"What's wrong with being cute?" © Naked Snake

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should raiden be an option as wel? He was snake in 2. Even if it was a ruse.

Obviously it’s the wrong answer, but options are options.

Also naked snake for sure is my answer here

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Solid Snake, he's kind of the victim in all this and he deals with it without lashing out against innocent people. Naked Snake and Liquid are both kind of dicks, at least Liquid is entertaining in his dickishniss though. Big Boss just turns into a broody warmonger.

Solidus going after the patriots is admirable but killing Olga and raising child soldiers is bit too far. I'd still take him over the current US president though.

Venom is a joke. (and I like MGS V)

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cmblasko

Solid Snake by far. He is a lone wolf philosopher-soldier who fights to leave the world in a better place. He's best friends with an anime nerd and accepts his otaku lifestyle even though he doesn't understand or care about it. His other best friend tried to kill him multiple times but he never held it against him. After he got out of the military he lived in Alaska with like 9 huskies/malamutes (the best dog breeds) because he knows the world doesn't need any more war or soldiers like him. He mentors Raiden in the field and builds him up from essentially an online gamer to a legit operative who can stop Solidus over the course of only a day or so. He yells "OCELOT" and "LIQUID" and it sounds badass. He is based on Kurt Russel, the coolest actor of all time. He was willing to off himself in order to not only protect the world from the disease he thought he carried within his body, but also as acknowledgement that world needed to be rid of the cursed genes of Big Boss.

Big Boss is a dork who responded to his government betraying his mentor by becoming a cult leader and ends up misinterpreting his mentor's philosophy, which leads to the mess that Solid Snake needs to clean up for him. He gets duped by Eva and end up costing America like a trillion dollars or something (1960 money by the way) to the Chinese. He doesn't off Ocelot when he has the chance which would have saved everyone a lot of trouble. He brainwashes one of his soldiers into thinking he is Big Boss for no reason and doesn't even clue in his closest friend to this and it is the dumbest thing ever and I can't believe Kojima thought that it would be a good twist MGS 5 should be stricken from canon (even though it is the best playing MGS game).

No one in the MGS canon comes close to Snake. Not Boss, not Big Boss, not Ocelot or Liquid. No character in any game will ever come close to being as cool as Solid Snake.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

If Old Snake was spun out as his own person, I may have voted for him. Young Solid Snake just ain’t my thing.

Liquid Ocelot, same story.

I get that they’re not really their own people (in a family of clones, does that matter?), so I get their omission.

Given this list Big Boss is the only choice.

catoasapun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By catoasapun

@lead_dispencer said:

I would say this would be fine if it wasn't for the events following 2. Raiden becomes such a different type of character once he's in 4 and Rising. If it wasn't for that I would agree with you considering Venom Snake is on the list (knowing the truth behind him).

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Naked Snake started it all, he's the legend. But I have a fondness for Solid Snake.

DevoidMana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as I'm concerned, Solid and Liquid are the only Snakes that matter.

Solidus was Big Boss 2.0 with a Dr. Octopus exoskeleton, and Naked Snake was a way for them to pander to insecure fanboys who couldn't deal with playing as a girly man in MGS2, giving us this entire sub-series of MGS sequels that ultimately lead to nothing. Big Boss' arc was not a story worth telling, his original backstory was fine and his character only became more confusing as Kojima tried make him more sympathetic... you know, the guy who stole the world's nukes for himself, betrayed his unit, became a warmonger and left a young Solid Snake with PTSD. Oh but he killed his mentor figure, you should feel sorry for him!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lead_dispencer said:

I would say this would be fine if it wasn't for the events following 2. Raiden becomes such a different type of character once he's in 4 and Rising. If it wasn't for that I would agree with you considering Venom Snake is on the list (knowing the truth behind him).

Yeah, this is actually the reason I didn't add him. At the end of Sons of Liberty Raiden is just as much a clone of Solid Snake as Venom is of Big Boss but Raiden is able to break out of that to become is own thing.

oodli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If old snake was an option I would pick that, so solid is the next best thing.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Naked Snake because he's a cool guy & a nerd in a pretty subtle way. You don't see that often in game characters.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiden is not Snake. If he were then we would have to consider literally any character that was trained or mentored or modeled in the image of Snake for this poll. Even the Snake from Acid should be included, then, and no one wants to talk about him.

Old Snake is Solid Snake when he is old(er). If you like Old Snake then vote for Solid Snake because they are the same person.

notkcots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solid Snake is a patsy throughout the entire series, and kind of a boring one at that. I threw my vote behind Naked Snake, since his arc in 3, Portable Ops, and 5 is really good (Peace Walker is an abomination and the less said about it the better). His heel turn is believable and sympathetic, and it isn't until the very end of 5 that you see how totally he's lost sight of his loyalty to his men.

Ocelot is hands down the best character, though. Looking at the overall story of the series, he's the only one who really accomplishes meaningful change. His (at times erotic) fixation on Big Boss and his ideology is nuanced and interesting, and throughout dozens of betrayals and changes of allegiance he never loses sight of his ultimate goal or questions his loyalty to Big Boss.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of how I perceived the whole over-arcing storyline, it has to be Solid Snake. He wasn't the best, but he has the soul and mannerisms of the True Hero. When not trying to look up ladies legs....

As for best bad guy Snake, it's a throw up. Liquid is over the top. Solidus is masochistic with some developed but isolated rational ideals. Big Boss simply wandered down a dark path. Ocelot, not a Snake but hey...plays a part for others, (ultimately for one Snake) but to his credit his own strong personality always shines through.

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liquid is so good! Like he's a constant threat as a whole person and even an arm.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joedangerous: remember. The arm was just an act. It was ocelot the whole time. If I remember correctly.

Fuck there is a lot going on in that franchise... I love it

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@lead_dispencer: Well, I wouldn't say it was just an "act". Ocelot thought he really was Liquid just as much as Venom thought he was Big Boss.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By TheChris

Solidus was the most interesting character, so I’ll pick him.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#27  Edited By monkeyking1969

Garter snake, a medium-sized snake belonging to the genus Thamnophis.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

No Caption Provided

OceanEve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By OceanEve

Ew. Snakes :(

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Iroquois Pliskin

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By soulcake
nablith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PLs do not bite me mister snake

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Ok. Who picked Punished?

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked Naked Snake, immediately remembered Old Snake, and then instantly regretted my deeds and actions.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punished "Mr. Unicorn" "Mr. E-Cig" Snake

kristed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solid Snake. For sure. 100%. Definitely.

PKB_Noitwont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake, Jake the.

frustratedlnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake Ratlle and/or Roll

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the bigger differences between Solid Snake or Big Boss is that Boss was a likeable charmer but was actualy an utter bastard. Snake on the other hand was kind of a dick but actually had a heart of gold.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although Liquid led an uprising against Big Boss as an 11 year old and won so...

lolatamisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lolatamisser

Solid Snake - David