Can my series -s play 360 Alan wake in 4k?

Avatar image for deactivated-611d8183a00c9
deactivated-611d8183a00c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

Loaned my one-x to dad and took the one-s back from roommate to watch movies in some approximation of the intended experience. I’ll likely review Alan wake on 360. Will I get 4K from the one-s?

Arjailer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

One S's don't do native 4K for games, though it will upscale to 4K - so render internally at 1080p then upscale to 4K to send to the TV, so you can use it with a 4K TV with HDR.

(and it will do 4K video streaming and blu-ray)

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

OG One does 1080p only

One-S can do 4K video for anything that supports it (Blu-Rays, streaming video, etc.) but games look and perform almost exactly the same as OG Xbox except they're upscaled to 4K.

One-X has the same video capabilities as the One-S, but games run better and/or run at native 4K (insert arguments about checkerboarding and such here).

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be clear, Alan Wake isn't an enhanced game, so even if you're playing on the Xbox One X, you'd still be playing it with its original 720p resolution (or 960 x 540). I wish it was an enhanced game.

Avatar image for deactivated-611d8183a00c9
deactivated-611d8183a00c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thanks. It sucks the back of the box doesnt apply. Guess ill just go to the microsoft store and read product descriptions instead of assuming. Which seems to be microsofts strategy for customers.. Assume xcloud will work with iOS

simmant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fourthline: What back of box do you think doesn't apply here?

ThisIsACoolTag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading product details instead of assuming is a great principle for life. You'll ingest poison less often.