Anyone have any recommendations on weird Android handhelds?

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I'm a weirdo that doesn't have a cell phone. I'm not super familiar with the larger smart mobile device market. I do have a shitty little Amazon Fire 7 tablet that crashes when I try to launch Marvel Snap though. Ideally, I'm just looking for something inexpensive to do some gaming on when I'm not near a tv. I know the Steam Deck is the go-to recommendation for that right now, but that's more than I really need right now, and cost more than I'm willing to spend. All I really need is something that'll do cloud gaming in a way that is more convenient than trying to prop my shitty tablet on my lap while holding a controller, and it'd be nice if it could run Marvel Snap too. I know Logitech just put out their new thing, but that still seems a bit pricey. Retroid seems to be a super cheap option but am I going to have any better luck running Android games there than on my tablet? Should I just get a phone and one of those weird controller attachments?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

As a normie with a basic-bitch Samsung smartphone... I don't feel comfortable enough recommending one specifically since I can't at a glance tell if they're only for emulating old consoles and handhelds or if they also can connect to Google's app store. But I feel as though this was covered a few times in various LTT videos hosted by Andrew (and Linus), so that might be a good place to start.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@facelessvixen: Yeah, I've looked into a few videos on these things, and I've been having the same problem where everyone is super fixated on what they do as emulators and have very little info on how they run native Android games.