A new GB Album Club cycle is coming! Come submit stuff!

UncleJam23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

The Unoffifical GB Album Club is coming back!

We've been on break for a bit. Some us were doing this. Some of us were doing that. Some of us come home every day from attending the SAG-AFTRA pickets too exhausted to function, which already doesn't help with the fact that he's generally incompetent at running a club on a video game website forum. But we're finally back and we're building a new pool of albums! So far we got 4, it's a pretty eclectic group of albums, and you're more than welcome to contribute!

If you want to join, come on down to the Discord and fill out the form! (That means you @zombiepie) There's no theme this time, so pick whatever you want and you can submit up to two. So come on down!

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I’m not a Discord person, but if anyone would like some ideas from this year, I’ve really enjoyed “False Lankum” by Lankum and “Motion and Picture” by MIIRRORS. Currently #1 and #3 respectively on my 2023 rankings-in-progress.

UncleJam23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allthedinos: Love that Lankum album. Something I didn't know I needed this year. Also just... just get in the damn discord. (It's not very active. It's mostly for organizing and a rare chit chat.)

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@unclejam23: You know what, I have been meaning to finally drop the bullshit and send classical music recommendations, and I may have waited to long to get my shit together. Regardless, be aware that classical music doesn't have "albums" as the music is usually associated with a single live performance. So, either I need to recommend longer string quartets or ballets for classical music "albums" that even exceed EP length.

But if the Discord is still open and interested, here are some iconic but weird ones. I'm not going to pick traditional chamber music, let's say. Maybe next time I'll pick The Enigma Variations:

• Dmitri Shostakovich - String Quartet No. 8
  • Béla Bartók - The Miraculous Mandarin
UncleJam23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers