A call to arms

drtones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By drtones

Okay maybe I made the topic sound a tad too dramatic here but I actually meant something a lot different...yet similar.
So it's barely been 24 hours since GiantBomb went live and needless to say (until the powers that be at GB produce exact figures) the response has been overwhelming indeed. One need only look at Ryan's status (as of writing this post) where he succintly summarises his reaction as "speechless". Fellow bombers I propose that we all work together to make not only the database/content at GiantBomb grow, but to nuture the forums in such a manner that we give every other such forum, namely the likes of NeoGAF and what not, more than a good run for their money. We all know that the founders of GiantBomb have initiated something good here, something that could potentially develop into an entity that is far greater than where it stands today at launch (which by itself is not something to laugh at mind you)......so let's all work together to make that a reality. What say you all?

banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By banksrob

yea i mean over 6300 users already that's incredible, i dont understand how the old blog website had so few comments lol

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Hamz

With a name like GiantBomb and a topic title of  "a call to arms" i was expecting some recruitment for a neo-gaming-terrorist style group to declare war on all who oppose vidoe games and the enjoyment they provide for millions. However i'm in agreement with you, GB.com has the potential to reach heights only speculated about by other websites. Already for a site in its beta there is a HUGE amount of info for all sorts of aspects to the gaming industry. My favourite being the people behind the games, people we take for granted or know little about.

GiantBomb has really shown that 4 guys and a few interns can create something spectacular and with the backing of so many fans, who knows what we could achieve?

Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Locke

I've been uploading new things to the wiki all day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4a512bb9699
deactivated-5b4a512bb9699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I really didn't expect it to be this big and hopefully it'll continue on growing

Dukebd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dukebd
banksrob said:
"yea i mean over 6300 users already that's incredible, i dont understand how the old blog website had so few comments lol
"
That many users already? Damn

Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Schizoid

This place will just keep expanding! I just hope that it doesn't turn into a forum where people just spout memes over and over again because they think it's funny.

GagJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GagJ

Theres already been a slew of topics which are, in essence, useless. I sincerely hope these forums don't turn into System Wars 2.0 or GAF

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9  Edited By OGCartman

Yah! The site is doing extremely well

GoodKn1ght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GoodKn1ght
Hamz said:
"With a name like GiantBomb and a topic title of  "a call to arms" i was expecting some recruitment for a neo-gaming-terrorist style group to declare war on all who oppose vidoe games and the enjoyment they provide for millions. However i'm in agreement with you, GB.com has the potential to reach heights only speculated about by other websites. Already for a site in its beta there is a HUGE amount of info for all sorts of aspects to the gaming industry. My favourite being the people behind the games, people we take for granted or know little about.

GiantBomb has really shown that 4 guys and a few interns can create something spectacular and with the backing of so many fans, who knows what we could achieve?
"
wiat a minute thats perfect lets declare war! dips on sniper :P