The best SNES Version?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey gang!

So, I just "upgraded" my SNES classic, and one of the big games I wanna play is FF6. I played it A LOT as a kid, but I never finished it. I got to Kefka's Tower, realised I was SO UNDERLEVELLED my Mog Charming it throught the game, and gave up.

Now I wanna give it another go! I'm wondering if the vanilla game on the SNES Classic is the right way to go though. I've heard a lot about fan translations, aswell as this "Brave New World" TC that sounds appealing.

What would you guys recommend to go on the SNES C?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Efesell

I really like Brave New World. It fixes a number of bugs and actually implements features that in the base game were just plain non-functioning due to errors in the code. Whole systems like EVADE were just not actually functioning in the game despite having a stat for it and everything.

But more importantly it makes sweeping changes to the leveling and Esper system and seeks to encourage actual thought and planning behind how you build up individual characters instead of just saying that Now Everyone Is a Mage after the reveal.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:

I really like Brave New World. It fixes a number of bugs and actually implements features that in the base game were just plain non-functioning due to errors in the code. Whole systems like EVADE were just not actually functioning in the game despite having a stat for it and everything.

But more importantly it makes sweeping changes to the leveling and Esper system and seeks to encourage actual thought and planning behind how you build up individual characters instead of just saying that Now Everyone Is a Mage after the reveal.

I went with the "Ted Woolsey uncensored edition" which cleans up the localisation, uncensors some sprites, and changes the spell names to something you might be familar with

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition. It keeps a lot of what was enjoyable from the localization made by ted woolsey but removes things like censorship and keeping it in line with the Japanese script .

My biggest issue with a lot of the final fantasy translations is that they are far too rigid in their translations and it makes the dialogue often come off stiff. I really feel this is the best of both worlds

It also fixes bugs in the game without making balance changes. Brave new world makes some aspects harder than I like.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition. It keeps a lot of what was enjoyable from the localization made by ted woolsey but removes things like censorship and keeping it in line with the Japanese script .

My biggest issue with a lot of the final fantasy translations is that they are far too rigid in their translations and it makes the dialogue often come off stiff. I really feel this is the best of both worlds

It also fixes bugs in the game without making balance changes. Brave new world makes some aspects harder than I like.

I also have the Namingway Edition for FF5. I'm playing "Secret of Mana" at the moment, but it's hard as FUCK.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you play 5 play Four Job Fiesta rules. That’s the best form of that game.

Starts up officially in a few months anyway.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:

If you play 5 play Four Job Fiesta rules. That’s the best form of that game.

Starts up officially in a few months anyway.

"Four white mages? It'll never work"