The Pixel Remasters and FFT on Phones?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey gang,

I want a Final Fantasy game to play on my phone (I have some LONG train journeys coming up), and I wanna finally finish one of the SNES ones.

I played 4, 5 and 6 when I was a kid on the SNES, but I never finished them. They were too hard. However, now that the Pixel Remasters have come out, I'm eager to finally give them a go.

I remember liking the characters of IV, the awesome job system of V, and the overall VI.

However, War of the Lions is also on Android, and I hear that's really good too!

Which one would you recommend? How are the Pixel Remasters?

Thanks!

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

You want a recommendation between 4 excellent games that you already know are excellent? I haven't played the FF6 pixel remaster, so I can't imagine how blitz input is going to go on phones (smooth or garbage), but I don't think you can go wrong with any of those.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I maintain 5 is the best of those early FFs and the pixel remaster did right by it. Tactics also goes well on phone but I found using the camera to be kind of a hassle.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thatpinguino  Staff

The IX mobile version is very solid if your phone can run it.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want to grind out lots of levels with a simple but engaging battle system with flexible character options, while enjoying a very basic but still-charming story, go with V.

If you want to be engaged with a much better story, with many memorable characters and great music, and a still-great but not quite as flexible battle system, go with VI.

If you want a tactics-style experience, with a very deep and at-times difficult battle system and a more serious story focusing more on political intrigue than quirky characters, go with Tactics.

For my money VI is the best. It's one of my favorite games of all-time.

Charongreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm a big fan of Tactics, and bought the android version and was pretty happy with it. It comes with a double confirm system on by default to make sure you don't mistap something and regret it, but I found I rarely had any problem with it and ended up turning it off. Its also faster than most other versions because it speeds up summons (and magic animations, i think?). Uses battery like a motherfucker though.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am on the boat that you can't go wrong with either. Although, I personally prefer VI for the story, music and the huge roster of characters each with a unique characteristic they bring to the battlefield. I particularly like how they fleshed out of all the characters despite the roster size. Everyone has a story to tell and a reason to fight.

V and Tactics are tied at second and third. Job systems are fun.