Ugly characters

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

The trailer received some backlash due to the ugly character. Hear me out.

1. Fable games have traditionally incorporated esthetic changes to the character according to the experience points used, reflecting the player's decisions. As the players upgrade their characters, the characters should change the way they look from an ugly buffoon to a nimble archer, strong warrior, wise mage, or anything in between.
  2. Incorporating similar elements from The Ugly Duckling would be fable-like (small cap "fable"), a small step for the Fable series (they already did to some extent), and some small innovation for the industry.

In short, I think it may be a good idea, even if it is only my idea and was never part of the plan, and there are no reasons to be angry yet. There may be, but not yet.

HTH.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

I thought "ugly" was part of every Fable game's core design philosophy. They're all about ugly dirty peasants farting at each other.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't recall any criticism of Fable being ugly even skimming comments on YouTube I can't find any, the game is also 2/3 years away and could change quite a bit.

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@thepanzini: Well, I have seen a few comments on that line on Twitter, Reddit, and YouTube, but it is also true that social media likes drama and complaining about everything.

@eccentrix: right, it is just an upgrade with next-gen graphics.

@sombre: that's funny on too many levels.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThePanzini
Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lab392

Yeah. Seems like another case of dorks who like being mad whining about some perceived culture war bs.

mkeskimaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Other than British people being... alright that joke was already posted. But the internet is already super poisoned by every fringe opinion getting fair play at start, then amplified for abrasiveness, and supported by other no-life weirdos, it's no wonder how everything actually sucks today and how online waste seeps into common day-to-day.