Anyone miss this game?

mawfu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mawfu

I loved the original and never had the pleasure of playing this one.

BranDong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Yes I miss this game a lot. This might be the best hidden gem ever. If you're a fighting game fan you can't miss out on this game. It's got so many cool moves and fatalities. It's really a shame it didn't blow up. I've been playing the crap out of it on an emulator and trying to get the retro achievements.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There was less time between the Sega CD release and the original post than there was between the post and the response here. And the original post was talking about a Sega CD game during the 360 era, when it was already 3 generations old (there have only been 2 generations since then since generations have gotten much longer.)

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Only played the original on Genesis, and despite having some nice graphics and variety of characters and stages, the gameplay was very sluggish and the CPU was disgustingly cheap, making it nearly impossible to play.

Fluidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@av_gamer: There are a couple of games in my childhood that I absolutely adore and I grew up having no idea why they weren’t more universally beloved. Then, as an adult, I revisit them only to find that the single player mode is unplayable. When I was a kid, I always played EVERY game with my brother. Many games (Like Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball on the SNES) I had never played single player and never knew they were absolutely garbage when played in that form. Maybe Eternal Champions is hte same.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Very excited this post is getting the attention it deserves after 14 years. I have weird memories of this game, always a rental or playing it at someone else’s house. One time a t-rex ate a dude at the end of a match and spit out a piece of his armor that was neat.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first game was just kind of alright. Felt like it was trying to catch the Mortal Kombat hype. I heard this one was a big improvement, but unfortunately never got to play it. In fact, I don't think I have ever seen a Sega CD system in real life.