Elite: Dangerous Odyssey expansion wants to give you some space legs

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Surprise surprise, there's a new Elite: Dangerous expansion coming in early 2021? Well it was a surprise to me - I downloaded ED to mess around for a few hours, and just stumbled across the trailer!

This expansion will be adding first-person combat, social hubs, etc. - which is sort of Star Citizen's M.O. Some of the confirmed features include (but are not limited to):

• Atmospheric Landings (currently you can just land on lifeless rocks and drive your rover around)
  • Living creatures, distributed across the galaxy
  • Similar to No Man's Sky, you can scan local flora/vegetation and sell the discoveries - your player name is permanently attached to the things you find.
  • Social Hubs, aka walk around on the space stations and visit NPCs in-person
  • Explore planets / moons in first-person
  • First-person combat - with rifles, shotguns, pistols, rockets, etc.
  • Lots more (here's a list here: Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Wiki)

Not available at launch but said to be coming later is walking around your ship interior - kind of a bummer this isn't out at launch, but at least it's being worked on.

I have a love-hate relationship with ED. I simultaneously find it boring and compelling. I usually play it for a few days before uninstalling it and returning months later for a few more days. I wonder if this expansion will finally break the variety-barrier for me and give me more of a game to enjoy, and not just fly around and sight-see in.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That sounds great! I might finally jump in on this series.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Looks dope, and they actually put stuff out unlike Star Citizen lol.

I have the original game, but man it was really hard to learn how to fly and land in it for me.