Favorite E3 Moments

Eelvac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

With what looks like the end of E3 as we know it I wanted to create a place for people to post their most memorable things from E3s past.

E3 was always something I was excited to read about and watch coverage of as a kid and now, having just turned 30, I feel like I am mourning a small part of my childhood. With that said I want to remember my favorite GB moment and my favorite game reveal.

GB Moment: Dan learning what pirates actually do. One of the funniest moments ever on this website. If I ever need a laugh I look this up.

Game Reveal: Halo 2. This was before I had an Xbox or even touched a halo game but when I saw that first trailer I knew I needed to play that game. It blew my 10/11 year old mind.

Please post your memories below and let’s remember the good times.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

Sony's 2005 and 2006 press conferences immediately come to mind. I really enjoy how overly ambitious and arrogant they were in 05 with the fake gameplay trailers and just going on and on about how powerful the PS3 was going to be, I was so curious how it was going to turn out. Then the 06 conference hits and the reality set in, which was a lot of fun to see unfold on the gamespot forums.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Literally any Vignocci + Lang couch session, not to mention #FreeKessler, holy shit.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

When Johnny doxxed Lang

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Loading Video...

Eelvac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: very high on my list as well. That trailer is right behind halo 2.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Was it the PS4 showcase where Sony was like, play your games offline...mic drop, crowd goes wild

E3 2012? Kingdom Hearts blah blah blah crowd goes wild

constantk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gaming moment: Metal Gear Solid 2 reveal trailer from E3 2000. My age and lack of cynicism at the time combined with the undeniable quality of the trailer meant I had my young mind blown. Just google crowd reactions at the time and you can see what it meant to people. Man, I should probably play that game again.

GB moment(s): Jeff's interviews with Phil Spencer over the years. All of the E3 @ Nite stuff was good, but I've always thought these were unmissable.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Either Giant Enemy Crab, or Translator San (aka Takayuki Nushida). "My body is ready" and Gaijin 4Koma are up there as well.

Clearly I remember the memes more than the games.

Eelvac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superslidetail: yes it was. That really was the moment I realized Sony was going to dominate the generation.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By AV_Gamer

I pretty much liked all of it. It always felt like a special event worth seeing for the four or five days it was happening. I guess my recent favorite would be the Last of Us: Part II booth and how much detail went into recreating the party that happens before the game's story. Mainly, because of how much people in the gaming industry overreacted to it, complaining about it.

One thing the E3 discussion during this weeks podcast made me realize: 1. Geofff Keighley now has too much power and needs to be stopped before its too late. 2. E3, despite its issues, needs to comeback for the sake of humanity, and that's after me saying we don't need another one a couple of days ago.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

(If you know, you know)

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By ThePickle
Loading Video...

<>

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

At some point, asking what my favorite E3 moment is, is kind of like asking what my favorite Super Bowl commercial is. In the moment I might think one is interesting or funny, but I don't retain any of that knowledge past, like, five minutes after seeing it.

As far as Giant Bomb E3 moments go, the EA shows are usually good for a laugh. Obviously, there's Weed 3, but I also enjoyed the "X minutes to Star Wars Battlefront" saga of 2015, with the infinitely expanding countdown clock to Star Wars, only for them to finally get to Star Wars and realize "Oh right... Its's just a Star Wars game". Handsome Android Andrew Wilson is also good for some chuckles. Can't go wrong with The Hoop Gawd. "Come on up here Hoop Gawd". That time they just filmed someone playing NBA Live off of a small tv screen was pretty hilarious. Lots of good stuff there.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The presenter for Peggle 2 was pretty hype IIRC

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(If you know, you know)

It'll always be this.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By theonewhoplays

1.....miiiiiillion trooooooops

That entire Konami 2010 press conference is still great.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Mr. Caffeine was a weird choice but it's something I think I'll always remember.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bethesda woman.

oopprraahh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers